There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

BigLion39 Offline

(05-23-2023, 07:56 AM)239Pu Wrote: has anyone seen more of this confrontation? 

Only really short clips were released as far as I know and nothing happened. They didn't touch each other. This wasn't the 1st time either that these 2 met.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(05-23-2023, 09:42 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Half Tail was chased in his own territory during this confrontation? A little bit surprising since he seems to be one of the biggest Mara lions and is in his prime. Chongo looks tall but not particularly big overall
Chongo is bulky not really tall. Koshoke is the big, big boy out of the coalition. He might be just as bug as Halftail. Well prob never be able to know exactly tho.  And yes Chongo confronted Halftail in his own territory. 3 Salas Boys just did the same thing last week and yesterday Haftail was photographed with Topi pride lionesses. Very strange.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Mwk85 Offline

Morani after a fight with the pride over a hippo kill. Old boy came out on top.

5 users Like Mwk85's post

Brazil ffernando Offline

Have any of you managed to watch the documentary about the Black Rockers?
2 users Like ffernando's post

Mwk85 Offline

1/4 Bila Shaka males (Kiok) mating with a Marsh Pride lioness (Kito). Halftail is still the territorial male over the pride but the Bila Shaka males have been sighted in the area often.

4 users Like Mwk85's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-16-2023, 10:41 AM by BigLion39 )

1/5 Offbeat Pride males Mwana

*This image is copyright of its original author

Lenkoe 1/5 Offbeat Pride males, supposedly sired by Romeo2 but raised by Ololparpit and Olbarnoti.

3 users Like BigLion39's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-19-2023, 12:41 AM by Lipstick2 )

The beautiful Sankai boy Seenka!

https://www.facebook.com/empapa.lemurt/v...2641222566
4 users Like Lipstick2's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2023, 11:22 AM by BigLion39 )

After months, maybe a year, Blackie2 shows up with a lioness, probably in Kissinger area! Amazing hes still alive and in great shape! 

photo credits to Lenny Koshal

6 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

The most impressive, gorgeous lion in Africa, actually the world IMHO, 1/5 Sankai Boys        Seenka!!!!!

Photo credits to Adam Banister

6 users Like BigLion39's post

( This post was last modified: 07-03-2023, 03:28 AM by Lipstick2 )

(07-02-2023, 02:44 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: The most impressive, gorgeous lion in Africa, actually the world IMHO, 1/5 Sankai Boys        Seenka!!!!!

Yeaah I absolutely agree, he is also my favourite male lion!

Also Seenka in the end of the video from Lemurt Wildlife page: (with his two remaining brothers Lemurt and Kini)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=save...1795812080
Look at his unbelieveable mane and elbow tufts!

And still Seenka with Lemurt:

From wildshuttervibe

( This post was last modified: 07-03-2023, 04:14 PM by Lipstick2 )

(07-03-2023, 03:16 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote:
(07-02-2023, 02:44 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: The most impressive, gorgeous lion in Africa, actually the world IMHO, 1/5 Sankai Boys        Seenka!!!!!

Yeaah I absolutely agree, he is also my favourite male lion!

Also Seenka in the end of the video from Lemurt Wildlife page: (with his two remaining brothers Lemurt and Kini)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=save...1795812080
Look at his unbelieveable mane and elbow tufts!

And still Seenka with Lemurt:

From wildshuttervibe

I think the last known male lion from the wild who has been as impressive once as Seenka nowadays was Lipstick's and the legendary 4'km males' father in the 2000s from Mara Triangle imho. His mane and his fully-wrapped elbow tufts was an almost impossible category to a wild male lion. (He's great-grandfather to the current Enkoyonai pride males/Fig Tree Boys Nyekundo&Osupaat, probably 3 Rongai boys and some other males too, also could be the grandfather to Blackie2, Kaka and Chungwa&Droopy, so his genes are living through these species, although none of them as impressive as he or Lipstick was.)

Credit to Suzi Eszterhas
6 users Like Lipstick2's post

BigLion39 Offline

(07-03-2023, 03:59 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote: Lipstick's and the legendary 4'km males' father in the 2000s from Mara Triangle

Oh wow he is something incredible in this pic, WOW!  What a specimen! I wonder if Sara Blackburn's "Living with Lions" project has any info on him???

BigLion39 Offline

(07-03-2023, 03:16 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote: Also Seenka in the end of the video from Lemurt Wildlife page: (with his two remaining brothers Lemurt and Kini)

I gotta say, Kini, Seenka's blondie twin, is also quite impressive! His blonde mane, similar to Oleari is gorgeous! 

Wish we could know where or what happened to Olerai and Olekiti young Dikdik subs went as they might become as impressive as the 5 Sanaki Boys and their fathers. Such incredible genes coming all the way from the 3 Old Sopa males, supposedly.

(07-03-2023, 10:58 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Oh wow he is something incredible in this pic, WOW!  What a specimen! I wonder if Sara Blackburn's "Living with Lions" project has any info on him???
Sadly i haven't found any more info on him/them yet. The only known fact is that he lived in the Mara Triangle probably with his brother or brothers in the 2000's. Around 2005 they sired the 4'km males - it is sure that he was Lipstick's father, but i still couldn't find any more...
Here are some more photos of him from this time also from Suzi Eszterhas:

Look on the similarities to the mighty Lipstick!:

Credit to Mathieu Pujol

(07-03-2023, 11:03 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: I gotta say, Kini, Seenka's blondie twin, is also quite impressive! His blonde mane, similar to Oleari is gorgeous! 
Yeah, and also Merrinyo was the same blonde specimen along with Kini - probably his brother from the same litter, what a shame for his last year's demise...
Also Lemurt is so impressive and he has the largest body/weight among them, all of Olerai's sons are/were beautiful!
I think if they still were a coalition of 5 males along with Lerai and Merrinyo, now they would be chasing off the 4 aging Mara North/Ex-Offbeat males by now.
Here are some photos to their late father, the mighty Olerai from 2020:

Olerai and his smaller maned brother/coalition partner Olekiti

Credits to Phillip Muchaba

( This post was last modified: 07-03-2023, 05:15 PM by Lipstick2 )

Merrinyo - the late twin blonde brother probably to Kini 2 years ago in Lemek

Olerai's features are absolutely can be seen in him too
Credit to Saruni lodges