There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Notch Coalition Male Lineage

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2020, 08:47 PM by Raj8143 )

RISE AND FALL OF NOTCH COALITION OF MALE LIONS - THE NOTCH COALITION MINI DOCUMENTARY
3 users Like Raj8143's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 09:52 AM by Cunaguaro )

¡Ron ,Notch2 and Caesar A flash back!
Credits to: Leakey and Lowis.

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(12-16-2019, 06:01 PM)Lycaon Wrote: Chet Kamat

More norch2 and spearboy

do they control any pride ?
1 user Likes Raj8143's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@Raj8143 

They are  mosltly nomads so no.
1 user Likes Lycaon's post

United Kingdom Ingonyama6 Offline

From all of Notch's sons, Earless is my personal favourite. He did a very impressive feat when he pulled down a big buffalo cow with his strength

8 users Like Ingonyama6's post

India Hello Offline

5 users Like Hello's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

any update on this beasts...?

239Pu Online
( This post was last modified: 08-29-2020, 05:13 AM by 239Pu )

Quote:Ron August 2015 - Jonas Stenqvist

4 users Like 239Pu's post

BigLion39 Offline

Hope we get an update on the old man N2 and his son. Been a long time.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

any update on remaning notch ? and his son?

BigLion39 Offline

Spearboy was seen a month or so ago. He was alone tho. Nothing on N2 since before Covid unfortunately.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Notch! One of the great lions of the Mara in Kenya, crosses the Talek River. Notch, together with his sons have formed a powerful coalition that holds sway in much of the Ol Kiombo region.

3 users Like T I N O's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-29-2020, 12:16 AM by Tr1x24 )

Sad thing how Notch partner got killed in 2005,i didnt know it, but it was from humans mistake.. 

From vechicles they where streaming audio sounds to attract lions in so they can count them, but unfortunately they attracted 3 males from neigbouring area who attacked Notch and his partner and killed him.. So sad..

We've seen this kind of thing this year in MalaMala with 2 Plains Camp males..so dangerous thing to do..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-29-2020, 12:05 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Sad thing how Notch partner got killed in 2005,i didnt know it, but it was from humans mistake.. 

From vechicles they where streaming audio sounds to attract lions in so they can count them, but unfortunately they attracted 3 males from neigbouring area who attacked Notch and his partner and killed him.. So sad..

We've seen this kind of thing this year in MalaMala with 2 Plains Camp males..so dangerous thing to do..

That is infuriating. My biggest hope is that one day men learn that it is incumbent upon us to protect these creatures. The world would be a better place, if people would start becoming the protectors of their realm, as opposed to the destroyers of it.
3 users Like BA0701's post