There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Amazonic Dark Jaguar sighting very high up in the tree in Mamirauá Reserve - Central Amazon - Brazil.

credits: Adriano Gambarini

*This image is copyright of its original author

1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Aju male.

credits: Ailton Lara

2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Here is a sneak peak of Pheonix (Forasteiro) male's full body. Very long body, almost tiger-like. He's got short legs though, now I want to see a frontal shot to see how wide in the chest he is.

By Pantanal Explorer
1 user Likes Balam's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-22-2020, 07:10 PM)Balam Wrote: Here is a sneak peak of Pheonix (Forasteiro) male's full body. Very long body, almost tiger-like. He's got short legs though, now I want to see a frontal shot to see how wide in the chest he is.

By Pantanal Explorer
You'd be surprised how long bodied they are, also the articulation in their spines is unlike any big cat I've seen. For me, I could really see why they were the most aquatic of all big cats, i know Sunderban Tigers are also in that vein but in the Noethern Pantanal, water is everywhere, there really is no real dry land of substance, you'll see immense flat area's with tall grass that looks like dry land but really its just water with grass protruding from beneath it. I'm not sure if that is the case with the Sunderban, but i don't know that for fact.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

@Pckts  absolutely, their spine almost make them look like otters. I wonder if body length is a good size determinant for jaguars as it is for tigers since both cats are so similar. With jaguars the most reliable way to gage large mass is how wide they are, but if you combine girth with a long body, I'm sure you'd get a pretty hefty specimen as well.

Those pictures aren't the best in terms of quality so I can't wait to see newer and better shots of him eventually.

Also speaking of long bodies, I don't know if you've noticed but the Llanos males have very long bodies as well. Faculto for one has a very long body and a long tail as well, I'm thinking their tails may be longer because they live in a dryer more savanna-like environment and need the long tails for longer chases when pursuing prey.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-22-2020, 08:20 PM)Balam Wrote: @Pckts  absolutely, their spine almost make them look like otters. I wonder if body length is a good size determinant for jaguars as it is for tigers since both cats are so similar. With jaguars the most reliable way to gage large mass is how wide they are, but if you combine girth with a long body, I'm sure you'd get a pretty hefty specimen as well.

Those pictures aren't the best in terms of quality so I can't wait to see newer and better shots of him eventually.

Also speaking of long bodies, I don't know if you've noticed but the Llanos males have very long bodies as well. Faculto for one has a very long body and a long tail as well, I'm thinking their tails may be longer because they live in a dryer more savanna-like environment and need the long tails for longer chases when pursuing prey.

My money would be on the best correlation of body mass being related to body length. In regards to long bodies per location, I'd have to see data since pictures are hard to tell and jaguars in general have a long body so I'd have trouble differentiating which cat is longer than another without data or scale to reference.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Balam
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-24-2020, 04:19 AM by Balam )

Huge male from Porto Jofre

Credits to Pantaneiros Tours 2016

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(09-24-2020, 03:57 AM)Balam Wrote: Huge male from Porto Jofre

Credits to Pantanaeiros Tours 2016

Following this huge male from northern Pantanal, here is a video of another one from southern Pantanal in the Fazenda San Francisco, enormous, look at the sheer size, stockiness, and muscles:

Gif version:

Jaguar Enthusiast

@Balam

This male is not from PJ, he is from south Pantanal. Fazenda San Francisco is located at Pantanal of Rio Miranda, Mato Grosso do Sul (MS).

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(09-24-2020, 04:29 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:

@Balam

This male is not from PJ, he is from south Pantanal. Fazenda San Francisco is located at Pantanal of Rio Miranda, Mato Grosso do Sul (MS).
I know this one looks like Glutton but it's actually a different one. The person who runs that account s from PJ and said that was a recent picture in the area. He does look similar to Glutton though, at first I also thought it was him.

Jaguar Enthusiast

(09-24-2020, 04:33 AM)Balam Wrote:

@Balam

I know this one looks like Glutton but it's actually a different one. The person who runs that account s from PJ and said that was a recent picture in the area. He does look similar to Glutton though, at first I also thought it was him.

If Glutton male you mean the one that suffers from Ceva, indeed he got a unique look.

Jaguar Enthusiast

(09-24-2020, 04:50 AM)Balam Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 04:43 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 04:33 AM)Balam Wrote:

@Balam

If Glutton male you mean the one that suffers from Ceva, indeed he got a unique look.

I gave him the name Glutton as he's always wanting to be fed, but indeed they do favor each other. If you see closely their marks are different:

Those bastards fishermen let him be like that, they gave him those bad habits and as you know he is now always linking people to easy food because of those people who should be punished, but in this country here the authorities don't care much for such an act against the national environment, such a shame.

Jaguar Enthusiast

Caatinga Jaguar.

Pró Carnívoros.

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-26-2020, 06:37 AM by Balam )

Males from Hotel Barra Mansa in Southern Pantanal

Credits to Hotel Barra Mansa
3 users Like Balam's post