There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-30-2024, 07:29 PM by Ngonya )

K3 and K4 as they chased the dark maned Mantimahle, by Danielle Carstens

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author

this boys really do look alot like their grandfather
8 users Like Ngonya's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

With K6 chasing RR alone ( with context of course ) and now these 2 chasing the Mantimahle male, it could be that the Kambulas, as 4, would finally be stronger than a strong duo.

If they meet PCM again in the North, it's not so certain again what will happen and if the PCM gets chased off from the North it'll be interesting to see what they do next.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-30-2024, 09:31 PM by Ngonya )

im not sure what they are up to
Werent there lioness with them? I guess they either spent enough time to mate or were just distracting them from the rest of the pride...?
Are they following buffalo herds or is there another reason for them to be covering 'different' areas
Why did they split?
Hope someone can help me understand even thought im guessing we cant get concrete answers

Btw, anything on Kruger male and Imbali pride or Red Road and Nharu?
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

They're probably establishing their territory in Northern SS and Southern Manyeleti as we speak.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-30-2024, 10:29 PM by criollo2mil )

(07-30-2024, 09:57 PM)Mapokser Wrote: They're probably establishing their territory in Northern SS and Southern Manyeleti as we speak.

They’ve practically been carving out the former S8 (and partially KM) territory as their preferred site.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Go131810 Offline

(07-30-2024, 08:26 PM)Mapokser Wrote: With K6 chasing RR alone ( with context of course ) and now these 2 chasing the Mantimahle male, it could be that the Kambulas, as 4, would finally be stronger than a strong duo.

If they meet PCM again in the North, it's not so certain again what will happen and if the PCM gets chased off from the North it'll be interesting to see what they do next.

It is a similar situation like the Nukhuma lionesses. It is where the Torchwood male lion family is from.

adamstocks16 Offline

I think @Tr1x24 mentioned this before but K3 is really starting to come into his own more recently and this will only help to increase his confidence even more. These next few weeks are starting to feel pivotal in the Kambulas journey and if they’re finally ready to make the next step to become dominant males. Could be that K3 & K4 can be the driving force behind this and help rally their brothers into action.

I am concerned for both Red Road & Kruger Male though. If anything I’d prefer for them to target Mbiri Pride which should be a ‘smoother’ takeover although there are cubs in the pride and the young Orpen Male would be in serious danger.
2 users Like adamstocks16's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-31-2024, 02:47 AM by Ngonya )

(07-31-2024, 02:27 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: Could be that K3 & K4 can be the driving force behind this and help rally their brothers into action.
Honestly think K5 was always up to action. Always getting the worse of it could mean he is either unlucky or just a little bit bolder than the others, i like to believe the second option. 

Saw some people posting IDs on few Imbali lionesses and apparently they are the ones spending time with Kambulas the most. Which makes sense when u think about the location they've been hanging. 
They were with 3 females mating for some time iirc. Are they done mating with those or just scattered as the others (K6 & K5) mate?

Obviously 4 v 1 should not be a big of a deal against both RRM and KM, so i hope at least portion of Nharu and Imbali could split, lets see how everything works out, thats all we can do.
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Still no videos from WildEarth?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Rui Ferreira Offline

(07-31-2024, 03:29 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Still no videos from WildEarth?

So far nothing
1 user Likes Rui Ferreira's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-30-2024, 05:10 PM)Ngonya Wrote: a friend told me that Monday and Tuesday's live are for paid subscribers only, didnt know that!

Not 100% sure about it but im also not sure if its coming to yt (at least not the full live like the others)
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Appears that 3 of the Kambulas made a kill in RRM's territory.

10 users Like BA0701's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

This post says that 4 Kambulas are at an elephant kill.

If new, it would seem they have reunited and K5 is now accounted for again.

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-03-2024, 03:15 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: This post says that 4 Kambulas are at an elephant kill.  

If new, it would seem they have reunited and K5 is now accounted for again.

I didn't know he was missing. Isn't that K5 in the video I posted, just above yours, of their having made a kill in RRM"s territory? I thought he is the closest to the camera, as you can see the wounds on his hind quarters.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Ngonya Offline

(08-03-2024, 06:25 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Isn't that K5 in the video I posted, just above yours, of their having made a kill in RRM"s territory?
that video is not recent.
1 user Likes Ngonya's post