WildFact
Kambula/Ntsevu males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Kambula/Ntsevu males (/topic-kambula-ntsevu-males)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Kambula/Ntsevu males - T I N O - 04-28-2024

A brief introduction of the Kambula/Ntsevu Males.

Born: 3 Males  June-Oct 2018, 1 Male born May 2019
Fathered by the Birmingham Males
Mothers are 5 of the Ntsevu/Kambula lionesses
They have been accompanied by 1 Female (sister) b. May 2019
First seen on WildEarth 23 May 2023 Sunset Safari

Kambula/Ntsevu  Male Lions:
- Kambula Male #1 - June 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #1) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #2)”

- Kambula Male #2 - Late July/Early August 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #3) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #1)”

- Kambula Males #3, #4 & #5 - September 2018 (sons of Kambula lioness #4)

- Kambula Male #6 - May 2019 (Son of Kambula lioness #5) 

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - BA0701 - 04-28-2024

This should be a great thread, these boys are still only at the beginning of their journey. I look forward to where things goes next!

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Friarfan619 - 04-28-2024

Only 1 of the Kruger boys been spotted recently??

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Ttimemarti - 04-28-2024

I think the unrelated male was seen and it was said the 2 kambulas also seen marking territory with him

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Mapokser - 04-28-2024

Both Kruger males accounted for.

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Cath2020 - 04-28-2024

(04-28-2024, 09:06 PM)T I N O Wrote: A brief introduction of the Kambula/Ntsevu Males.

Born: 3 Males  June-Oct 2018, 1 Male born May 2019
Fathered by the Birmingham Males
Mothers are 5 of the Ntsevu/Kambula lionesses
They have been accompanied by 1 Female (sister) b. May 2019
First seen on WildEarth 23 May 2023 Sunset Safari

Kambula/Ntsevu  Male Lions:
- Kambula Male #1 - June 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #1) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #2)”

- Kambula Male #2 - Late July/Early August 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #3) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #1)”

- Kambula Males #3, #4 & #5 - September 2018 (sons of Kambula lioness #4)

- Kambula Male #6 - May 2019 (Son of Kambula lioness #5) 

So, all 4 Kambula Boys are from the K4 and K5.  Interesting, and the older two are from K1 and K3.  So, K2 is the only one that didn't leave any male offspring from the B'hams.  K6 is infertile, of course.  Lots of potential for K4's bloodline if her 3 boys score big in the future.

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Cath2020 - 04-28-2024

Which older Kambulas are dead? Forgot.  The Ntsevu Pride consists of 3/4 remaining ones...K2, K6, and K3...I think

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Ttimemarti - 04-28-2024

K1 and k4 are dead also k11 died daughter of k3

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Cath2020 - 04-29-2024

Which one of the older Kambulas allegedly had 5 males in a litter and that died?  K1 or K4 (the one who has 3 sons with the B'hams already?)

I guess the one sister with the brothers is K12, littermate to K6....

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Tr1x24 - 04-29-2024

Why we made this thread when "Birmingham coalition male lineage" thread is basically only about these Kambulas, 1 NK and 1 Torchwood male, from which we have almost no updates?

So with this thread, that thread is left basically only for 1 NK male..

I am not against making new threads, but we basically already have thread for these guys, and this is overlaping.

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Mapokser - 04-29-2024

For me that thread works for us to keep track of the, well, Bboys male offspring during their nomadhood.

But once these nomadic males become dominant they are now their own thing, not the Bboys sons anymore, but the Kambula males, and since they are establishing themselves in SS and have huge influence, they deserve a thread just like Gijimas or PCM, even more because they are 4.

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Tr1x24 - 04-29-2024

(04-29-2024, 12:23 AM)Mapokser Wrote: For me that thread works for us to keep track of the, well, Bboys male offspring during their nomadhood.

But once these nomadic males become dominant they are now their own thing, not the Bboys sons anymore, but the Kambula males, and since they are establishing themselves in SS and have huge influence, they deserve a thread just like Gijimas or PCM, even more because they are 4.

They are not yet territorial, and might not even become in Sabi Sands.

Until we see their destiny, I think that thread is more then enough to post what they are doing.

I mean, we can have it, but then that thread is basically dead.

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Cath2020 - 04-29-2024

I would prefer to see them established first before having a thread, personally speaking.  We don't know if they'll all succeed together in the end, hopefully they will.  Two of them recently got caught and almost paid a very heavy price with their lives.  Nomadic life is perilous.  These boys are not even 6 yet, and already they are being chased and getting into trouble.  K6 won't turn 5 until May.  These 4 boys could create a lot of havoc and mayhem in the next 1-2 years for the upcoming male cubs all around them being raised by the dominant males....unless they up and leave into Kruger....then we will rarely, if ever, get updates.

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - Mapokser - 04-29-2024

@Tr1x24 the other thread can be resurrected 5 years from now to follow the Kambula's sons.

Other threads are dead for good, at least that other one will likely have a future.

RE: Kambula/Ntsevu males - T I N O - 05-02-2024

Kambula/Ntsevu male #6
Photo credit: Frederik Barnardt