There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Ngonya Offline

brothers in the pictures are K4 and K6.
Seems like Red Road or the Nharus gave him some slaps?
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

If the other one is K6, it could be another hint that he is the most dominating with K4 right now.

Imagine if he's the one mating! Though I think it's likely K4.

As for the Talamati female, if it is her, idk if this is a good or bad thing but I just hope she can team up with K12 and rebuild her pride.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(07-21-2024, 03:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 03:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Vestment reports they’re mating

Female on picture is their sister.

I guess other female is Talamati.

If that is the case, then it doesn't bode well for the missing S8 son, he may well be gone.
2 users Like BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-21-2024, 07:43 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 03:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 03:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Vestment reports they’re mating

Female on picture is their sister.

I guess other female is Talamati.

If that is the case, then it doesn't bode well for the missing S8 son, he may well be gone.

Yes. His status is not looking good. Three weeks now. Not even tracks ?
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-21-2024, 08:40 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Not even tracks ?
Thats really worrying, bc not that i can recall any sign of his presence for the past week, it would be great if anyone could assure it.

a real shame if he is gone... Everything that boy went throught, all his brothers and sisters passed. Tiyelele tried her best but unfortunately it seems like it wasn't enough, life is really tuff on all of these animals.

if he's gone, lets hope she can get into estrus as fast as possible, Kambulas could be a great choice, but if she joins K12 it would be more interesting to get back into Sabi Sands, since if they form  a small pride and Tiyelele mate with Kambulas,  K12 would probably be next
4 users Like Ngonya's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 09:13 PM by criollo2mil )

(07-21-2024, 09:00 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
Everything that boy went throught, all his brothers and sisters passed. Tiyelele tried her best but unfortunately it seems like it wasn't enough

That is what makes this so devastating….seeing them overcome all of the struggles, looking emanciated in front of our cameras , then he and his sister seemingly recovering and growing in strength w Tiyelele’s leadership .   To then still fall victims is crushing.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 09:22 PM by Ngonya )

(07-21-2024, 05:44 PM)Ngonya Wrote: brothers in the pictures are K4 and K6.
@Tr1x24 need a quick help here. Im not sure if its K3 or K4

If thats K3, it looks like he grew quite a bit, put up some mass/fully gorged, thats why i think more likely to be K4

*This image is copyright of its original author

3 users Like Ngonya's post

Super Moderator

(07-21-2024, 09:13 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 09:00 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
Everything that boy went throught, all his brothers and sisters passed. Tiyelele tried her best but unfortunately it seems like it wasn't enough

That is what makes this so devastating….seeing them overcome all of the struggles, looking emanciated in front of our cameras , then he and his sister seemingly recovering and growing in strength w Tiyelele’s leadership .   To then still fall victims is crushing.

My feelings, precisely, it is really heartbreaking.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-21-2024, 09:14 PM)Ngonya Wrote: need a quick help here. Im not sure if its K3 or K4

Thats K4.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 02:44 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-21-2024, 07:43 PM)BA0701 Wrote: If that is the case, then it doesn't bode well for the missing S8 son, he may well be gone.

Unfortunately i think he was killed by Kambulas few weeks back, before report of 4 males and 2 females seen together in Manyeleti (he was not seen since), as Talamati female was also seen with injuries (prob from the contact with Kambulas, maybe trying to protect him).
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-22-2024, 03:18 AM by Ngonya )

(07-22-2024, 02:38 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Thats K4.
K3 by @christoph_russmann

wound looks similar, don't you think?
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-22-2024, 03:16 AM)Ngonya Wrote: wound looks similar, don't you think?

I guess its K3 then, these 2 are are like twins now when K3 grow mane.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(07-20-2024, 08:53 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 Kambulas had already defeated 2 BDM half a year ago.

Beating lone males like Kruger and RR is hardly a boost in confidence.

It is just surprising that RR gave them more trouble than the BDM.

RRM is a warrior and really can fight. Unfortunately, he got no partner
3 users Like afortich's post

Super Moderator

(07-22-2024, 02:41 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-21-2024, 07:43 PM)BA0701 Wrote: If that is the case, then it doesn't bode well for the missing S8 son, he may well be gone.

Unfortunately i think he was killed by Kambulas few weeks back, before report of 4 males and 2 females seen together in Manyeleti (he was not seen since), as Talamati female was also seen with injuries (prob from the contact with Kambulas, maybe trying to protect him).

That is what I was thinking, at the time, everything lined up for that to be the case, but I continued to hope I was wrong. I was, admittedly, a little surprised by the Talamati female hanging with K12, and then with the boys, if that is indeed the case. I figure she would have gotten out of there.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Ngonya Offline

A morning spent with the Kambula males at Tintswalo Lodge, 3 days ago by Johnny Foster

K4

K5

7 users Like Ngonya's post