There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 03:36 AM by criollo2mil )

(07-20-2024, 02:38 AM)Potato Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 02:05 AM)Ngonya Wrote: K5 can be seen walking away and apparently no serious injuries.
Those bites on his legs look really serious...

He’s definitely going to be much more sore once the adrenaline wears off.    Poor boy must be so confused lol.   His own bro wow
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 03:24 AM by Tr1x24 )

K4 ?? 

Luckly that lioness attacked him otherwise he could kill his own bro..

I mean these things can happen in confusion (like how 3 BDMs attacked their own bro thinkig he was Guernsey). I guess K4 taught that RRM was pinned down.

Regardless, things dont look good for RRM.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Rui Ferreira Offline

(07-20-2024, 02:48 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 02:38 AM)Potato Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 02:05 AM)Ngonya Wrote: K5 can be seen walking away and apparently no serious injuries.
Those bites on his legs look really serious...

He’s definitely going to be much more sore once the adrenaline wears off.    Poor boy must be so confused lol.   His own bro wow

When he got up his back leg seemed to give up a little, maybe Im just reading to deep into it, but tomorrow this boy will feel everything
3 users Like Rui Ferreira's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-20-2024, 03:20 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Regardless, things dont look good for RRM.
How much time would u say for K5 to fully recover?

Honestly his injuries dont look serious, but thats definitly a big blow to his confidence.

Also lets not underestimate Red Road (not saying your underestimating him). One on one, Kambula barely stand a chance (not to say they dont). If he can stick to the pride, an actual takeover can be hard for the Kambulas
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-20-2024, 03:25 AM)Ngonya Wrote: How much time would u say for K5 to fully recover?

Honestly his injuries dont look serious, but thats definitly a big blow to his confidence.

Also lets not underestimate Red Road (not saying your underestimating him). One on one, Kambula barely stand a chance (not to say they dont). If he can stick to the pride, an actual takeover can be hard for the Kambulas

Regardless of K5, RRM lost this battle (despite help from K4 lol), as he was chased in the end.

I hope RRM dont try this again (brave act, but dangerous) if Nharu pride was not around, helping him and confusing them, he would be in big trouble.

Hope we get more details what happened.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 03:54 AM by Ngonya )

(07-20-2024, 03:36 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Regardless of K5, RRM lost this battle (despite help from K4 lol), as he was chased in the end.

I hope RRM dont try this again (brave act, but dangerous) if Nharu pride was not around, helping him and confusing them, he would be in big trouble.

Hope we get more details what happened.
In the end of the video Red Road even managed to chase K4. I'm not sure where the other two KBoys (K3 and K6) were, but i know for a fact that they didnt attack in a 'coordinated' way, no wonder a brother managed to be beaten by Nharu lioness and Red Road alone. The other still managed to get confused and attack his own brother, then to get chased by Red Road too. 

K3 and K6 joined later at some point, i've not idea what happened for them to be so scattered, but the brothers chasing Red Road is the bare minimium for a coalition of four against a solitary male, the fact they managed to cause all this drama is without a doubt a demonstration of weakness. 

Hoping Red Road can protect his pride and K5 get well soon. Poor boy got the worst of it for a second time.
6 users Like Ngonya's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

This being K5's second such beating, this is absolutely going to ding his confidence, severely, even if he is back to full strength in 3-4 days, which I doubt it will be that quick. His face will surely be swollen, and his back legs got roughed up again.

No telling how the rest of them will respond, when they realize what's happened to him, though I believe K4 has a good idea, as it seemed he realized who it was, after some serious chewing/biting. The fog of war is very real, and a terrible thing. How they respond over the next couple of days is going to tell us a lot. I wish they'd just go find the Mbiris, they are wide open for the taking, without facing these types of consequences. Somebody is going to find them, I think they'd be a great pride for the K4s to start with, for everyone around.

The Majins returned the same night, and revenged their brother, but it is safe to say the K4s are not the Majins, not to this point anyhow. This may be the incident that brings them tightly together, or it could cause them to lose what confidence they currently have.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

@Ngonya @BA0701 

Ultimately Kambulas chased RRM off, thats a big win and confidence boost for them (except maybe K5, but i guess he will realize from behaviour of his brothers), on top of that they did the same to Kruger male few days ago.

Unless Kambulas give up and leave (or kill each others themselves lol) theres no way RRM and Kruger male can defeat them as lone males.

1vs1 is pretty much impossible to kill (or very rarely between 2 healthy males) and while yes, females can help a bit, but that doesnt go far, they will ditch the male as soon as they see few more opponents coming in (as they did here aswell).
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 05:37 AM by BA0701 )

(07-20-2024, 04:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @Ngonya @BA0701 

Ultimately Kambulas chased RRM off, thats a big win and confidence boost for them (except maybe K5, but i guess he will realize from behaviour of his brothers), on top of that they did the same to Kruger male few days ago.

Unless Kambulas give up and leave (or kill each others themselves lol) theres no way RRM and Kruger male can defeat them as lone males.

1vs1 is pretty much impossible to kill (or very rarely between 2 healthy males) and while yes, females can help a bit, but that doesnt go far, they will ditch the male as soon as they see few more opponents coming in (as they did here aswell).

I wish we knew exactly what happened with the Gijimas, and if 3, 4, and 6 were even aware of their brother's plight, that would give us a better idea of how they have progressed. If 3, 4, and 6 maintain their confidence, then RRM is in deep trouble here, as you mentioned, 1 vs 3 is impossible odds for any male lion, even one as tough, and experienced, as RRM.

The next couple of days is going to tell us a lot. Remember, they defeated the BDMs, and then abandoned the area entirely.

*EDIT*

BTW, I also wished to add, as you mentioned they did the same to KM a few days ago, but once again they left. I don't know if I count on them remaining with the Nharus, even if they do manage to run RRM off. As mentioned, they did the same thing with the BDMs and Nkuhumas. It is like they know they should be chasing these males off, but they don't know what is expected of them once they have, that or they simply don't have any interest in remaining.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Friarfan619 Offline

You telling me the way rr goes for the face won't end in death??

Ngonya Offline

(07-20-2024, 04:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ultimately Kambulas chased RRM off, thats a big win and confidence boost for them (except maybe K5, but i guess he will realize from behaviour of his brothers), on top of that they did the same to Kruger male few days ago.
Indeed their confidence is growing, chasing two males in a week or so, quite impressive, for them. 
As a coalition of four at their age, chasing a single dominant male is absolutely no big deal.
Meanwhile there was all this drama when facing a pride that only has a solitary dominant male, is a concrete demonstration of weakness, no doubts. 

(07-20-2024, 04:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Unless Kambulas give up and leave (or kill each others themselves lol) theres no way RRM and Kruger male can defeat them as lone males.

In the case of the Nharus and Red Road, the rupture and formation of a breakway seems likely and would be great. Since some lionesses remained with Red Road and others with the Kambulas after this whole altercation from what i heard.
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 05:15 AM by criollo2mil )

Not sure when taken.  

Female is K12 and two of the brothers.   K3 and K6 presumably?

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-20-2024, 05:15 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Female is K12 and two of the brothers.   K3 and K6 presumably?
K12 and K6, only one brother in the pictures.
K6 has this scar on his 'eyebrow'

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Super Moderator

(07-20-2024, 04:38 AM)Ngonya Wrote:
(07-20-2024, 04:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Ultimately Kambulas chased RRM off, thats a big win and confidence boost for them (except maybe K5, but i guess he will realize from behaviour of his brothers), on top of that they did the same to Kruger male few days ago.
Indeed their confidence is growing, chasing two males in a week or so, quite impressive, for them. 
As a coalition of four at their age, chasing a single dominant male is absolutely no big deal.
Meanwhile there was all this drama when facing a pride that only has a solitary dominant male, is a concrete demonstration of weakness, no doubts. 

(07-20-2024, 04:11 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Unless Kambulas give up and leave (or kill each others themselves lol) theres no way RRM and Kruger male can defeat them as lone males.

In the case of the Nharus and Red Road, the rupture and formation of a breakway seems likely and would be great. Since some lionesses remained with Red Road and others with the Kambulas after this whole altercation from what i heard.

I hadn't considered the possibility of this creating a breakaway. That too, would be a preferred outcome, to the alternative, if the Kambulas will stay with them. Clearly, at least some of, these lionesses are loyal to RRM.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 01:26 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-20-2024, 04:38 AM)Ngonya Wrote: As a coalition of four at their age, chasing a single dominant male is absolutely no big deal.

As a coalition who didnt win these sorts of battles vs territorial males so far (except vs BDMs to some sort, but that was mostly on roars), this is kinda big deal for them on the road for becoming territorial males.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post