There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 05:26 PM by criollo2mil )

The Boys are back in Manyeleti enjoying a kill.  

Not sure about what became of their encounter w Imbali females as her sister is there w them.

Credit:  Vestment

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-18-2024, 06:17 PM)Ngonya Wrote: all 4 Kambula males and their sister roaring, i believe before they came back in Manyeleti(?)

Not them, theres 5 males on video.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 06:36 PM by Ngonya )

(07-18-2024, 06:33 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Not them, theres 5 males on video.
my apologies. Those are in fact 5 Mayambula males roaring in Kruger
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 In 2017. 2 Majingis chased 3 Bboys.

Then in the same year 2 Majingis chased 2 Bboys.

All mentioned in Elephant Plains reports.

Less than a year after that, Majingis died of old age.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-18-2024, 08:01 PM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 In 2017. 2 Majingis chased 3 Bboys.

Then in the same year 2 Majingis chased 2 Bboys.

All mentioned in Elephant Plains reports.

Less than a year after that, Majingis died of old age.

You have those reports?

Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 10:15 PM by Mapokser )

I think there's a compilation on the lion tales thread that shows that since mid 2015 the Bboys have always retreated from Majingi roars or were straight up chased off regardless of numbers or where they were.

This is interesting because the prime Majingis always lost or stalemated the younger more or less 5,5yo Selatis, 3 of them even lost to 2 Selatis. They always also lost to S.Matimba 2v2 and stalemated them 3v2.

Edit: I almost forgot but Majingi would also not take the Matshipiri 2v2.

However against the Bboys, even in old age, in Bboy territory or while outbumbered, Majingis always won easily.

The 2 occasions with old Majingis I was talking about:

The Birmingham males are looking great and in good shape. They are, however, not ready for the Majingi males. One good thing is that they are walking together more than what they used to. The Majingi males made yet another turn in our area as the Birmingham males started calling in Majingi territory. Only two of the Majingi males came into the area to take on three of the four Birmingham males. Two was enough, as it was the two big boys, Black Mane and Smudge. The Birmingham males got a very rude awakening as the roars of the two Majingi males echoed through the trees next to them. The Birmingham males wasted no time and made a hasty retreat, leaving their fresh buffalo kill. The Majingi males chased these young males for kilometres before they went back to claim the free meal.

January 2017: https://elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/...uary-2017/

The Birmingham males are looking great and very healthy. It looks like these males will only join forces if they know other males have entered their territory. One of the males are always with the Styx pride, while the other three also splits up to join other prides. This month two of the four males got a rude awakening when two of the Majingi males chased them out of their own territory. If all four Birmingham males were together, it would have been a different story against the two older Majingi males. Hopefully the Birmingham males have now realised the importance of strength in numbers.

March 2017: https://elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/...arch-2017/
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 10:45 PM by Tr1x24 )

@Mapokser 

So first was Majingas chased them from Majingas territory (prob in a similar manner what recently happen with Gijimas vs Nkhulus, and PCMs vs Ndhzengas, where males who entered neighbours territory retreat after facing resistence).

2nd one was 2vs2, and Bboys where prob suprised in their territory, so they retreated, but nothing was gain/loss by either side.

So these events are definetly not to be described as "easily defeated", as those where minor clashes between neighbours, with no gain/loss by neither side.

You are using phrase "defeat" too loosely for these minor clashes.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-18-2024, 11:14 PM by Ngonya )

(07-18-2024, 10:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: (prob in a similar manner what recently happen with Gijimas vs Nkhulus, and PCMs vs Ndhzengas, where males who entered neighbours territory retreat after facing resistence).

I am not sure about Ndzhenga x Plains Camp, but didn't the PCM dominate much of the chase and just in the end succumbed going back to there territory?
Anyway, in the case of the Nkhulu it was the four who started the chase, they even exchanged blows with the Gijima and resisted, roaring back and eventually retreating to their own territory, where they turned around so the game could change again.
Meanwhile those are coalitions at their prime, Majingilanes were old veterans, full of experience, but still old AND outnumbered. The idea the report gives, it seems like the BBoys quickly retreated with no big reaction such as the ones u mention/compare. 
"The Birmingham males wasted no time and made a hasty retreat, leaving their fresh buffalo kill. The Majingi males chased these young males for kilometres before they went back to claim the free meal."

"This month two of the four males got a rude awakening when two of the Majingi males chased them out of their own territory." 
Meanwhile this one has no real excuse to 'out of their territory' or something, they just ran away into their own territory. 
Similar thing would happen years later when Mohawk Avoca, by himself, chased Birmingham male into his own territory. 
The Birmingham was in the company of a Kambula female, and Mohawk claimed her right after chasing the dominant male, in this scenario winning the bigger prize.

I guess win & defeat are indeed not really appropriated terms for these situations, but the fact is, even with the upperhand the Birmingham males never stood against the old Majingilane, who always kept them in line. They didn't Majingilanes trouble to deal with, Majingis, when they had the opportunity, persecuted them with no difficult. Let's be honest, this is a victory for a veteran coalition that from then on was going nowhere but down.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-19-2024, 01:11 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-18-2024, 11:09 PM)Ngonya Wrote: I guess win & defeat are indeed not really appropriated terms for these situations, but the fact is, even with the upperhand the Birmingham males never stood against the old Majingilane, who always kept them in line. They didn't Majingilanes trouble to deal with, Majingis, when they had the opportunity, persecuted them with no difficult. Let's be honest, this is a victory for a veteran coalition that from then on was going nowhere but down

I dont argue that, ok, they win a clash/chase whatever, but nothing is gain/lose for neither side.

He cant say "Majingilans easily defeated Bboys" without context or explaining what he means.

For new readers and people who are not informed, this sounds missleading.

He needs to phrase it differently, as this sounds like Majingas defeated and ousted Bboys, like they did vs Mluwatis or Selatis, but they didnt, it was just minor dispute/clash.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-19-2024, 12:06 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: He cant say "Majingilans easily defeated Bboys" without context
He literally brought here enitre report in its oryginal form. How is that without context...
2 users Like Potato's post

Go131810 Offline

(07-18-2024, 11:09 PM)Ngonya Wrote:
(07-18-2024, 10:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: (prob in a similar manner what recently happen with Gijimas vs Nkhulus, and PCMs vs Ndhzengas, where males who entered neighbours territory retreat after facing resistence).

I am not sure about Ndzhenga x Plains Camp, but didn't the PCM dominate much of the chase and just in the end succumbed going back to there territory?
Anyway, in the case of the Nkhulu it was the four who started the chase, they even exchanged blows with the Gijima and resisted, roaring back and eventually retreating to their own territory, where they turned around so the game could change again.
Meanwhile those are coalitions at their prime, Majingilanes were old veterans, full of experience, but still old AND outnumbered. The idea the report gives, it seems like the BBoys quickly retreated with no big reaction such as the ones u mention/compare. 
"The Birmingham males wasted no time and made a hasty retreat, leaving their fresh buffalo kill. The Majingi males chased these young males for kilometres before they went back to claim the free meal."

"This month two of the four males got a rude awakening when two of the Majingi males chased them out of their own territory." 
Meanwhile this one has no real excuse to 'out of their territory' or something, they just ran away into their own territory. 
Similar thing would happen years later when Mohawk Avoca, by himself, chased Birmingham male into his own territory. 
The Birmingham was in the company of a Kambula female, and Mohawk claimed her right after chasing the dominant male, in this scenario winning the bigger prize.

I guess win & defeat are indeed not really appropriated terms for these situations, but the fact is, even with the upperhand the Birmingham males never stood against the old Majingilane, who always kept them in line. They didn't Majingilanes trouble to deal with, Majingis, when they had the opportunity, persecuted them with no difficult. Let's be honest, this is a victory for a veteran coalition that from then on was going nowhere but down.

I am curious how did you come up with that. There is enough in the video to say the Plain Camp male lions dominate most of the chase? The Nukhulu male lions were chasing one of the Gijima male lions? Did they go back to Kruger? The Gijima male lions are in their prime ? Are the Nukhulus 7 years old and the Nukhulus are about 6 to 7 years of age?
1 user Likes Go131810's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-19-2024, 05:19 AM)Go131810 Wrote: I am curious how did you come up with that. There is enough in the video to say the Plain Camp male lions dominate most of the chase?
I thought i made it clear that i am not sure about PCM dominating Ndzhenga on the chase. But a friend of mine told me a guide said so. 

(07-19-2024, 05:19 AM)Go131810 Wrote: The Nukhulu male lions were chasing one of the Gijima male lions?
4 Nkhulu males invaded Gijima territory and chased both of them.
Blondie Gijima turned back and attacked Nkhulus, then Gijimas chased Nkhulus to MalaMala. When both coalitions got to MalaMala, Nkhulus turned back and chased Gijimas out of MalaMala, still in Sabi Sand.
(07-19-2024, 05:19 AM)Go131810 Wrote: The Gijima male lions are in their prime ? Are the Nukhulus 7 years old and the Nukhulus are about 6 to 7 years of age?
Yes Gijima males are in their prime. Im not sure about their age but im assuming 6-7(?), hoping someone can correct me if im wrong.
Nkhulus are around 5-6 years, a bit younger than Gijimas.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-19-2024, 02:23 AM)Potato Wrote: He literally brought here enitre report in its oryginal form. How is that without context...

When i asked him.

If i didnt? It would stay at "Majingilanes easily beat Bboys" ..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 02:10 AM by Ngonya )

Kambula males x Red Road & Nharu Pride

An altercation happened today on buffleshoek. The 4 Kambula boys and the Red Road Male and the Nharu lionesses were involved.
Apparently Kambulas tried to attack the pride, but Red Road got hold of one of the boys (K5) and gave him a good beating, same way he did with Mandevu. One of the Nharu lionesses was assisting in the mauling for a short while. Unexpectedly, K4 was nearby and, instead of helping his brother, he ends up attacking K5 along with Red Road, only being stopped by a lioness who attacked him, really big confusion clearly. Red Road let go of K5 but quickly got on the heels of K4, a true dominant male lion. 
K5 can be seen walking away and apparently no serious injuries.
After the altercation the Kambulas chased Red Road. Info was provided by Darryn Gates, the author of the videos chose to stay anonymous
K5 getting pinned to the ground by Red Road

K4 gets confused and attacks his brother

K5 after the altercation

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Ngonya's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-20-2024, 02:05 AM)Ngonya Wrote: K5 can be seen walking away and apparently no serious injuries.
Those bites on his legs look really serious...
3 users Like Potato's post