There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Indeed. I really hope we are not going to regret seeing them spare Skorro earlier.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-22-2024, 06:41 AM by criollo2mil )

Tumbela and Nkuhuma further west.   Bonding closer

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-21-2024, 05:12 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tumbela and Nkuhuma further west.   Bonding closer

These clips will expire but I will replace w the video links after I get to a computer

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ranger...ZDFkeHJhYg==

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ranger...MmRqbGZ6ZA==

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ranger...dlbTQ0eXVv

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ranger...Nqd3Y4M244

More happy days, and I think we can all use some of those on occasion.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I'm happy to see them bonding, it seems they are reaching a place where the partnership will be permanent, but I'm worried about where they are, I don't want to see the Ximhungwe pride back to where they were a year ago.
5 users Like Mapokser's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

The NK Male is a survivor for sure.  However, I don't think he chooses the healthiest of partners.... an older male way past his prime and now a lame male, albeit closer in age.  The Styx Male was his best choice, in my honest opinion, but he died in a freak accident one night.  I guess good choices are not falling from the trees in Sabi Sands.  Lone males really do have it much harder.  They have to find a suitable partner of a similar age and that's hopefully pretty healthy, plus it takes a long time to bond with an unrelated partner.  

I always dislike seeing lone males grow up and then leave their natal pride.  It's more of an uphill battel for them in all ways.  I was so sad when the Talamati Male's bro just disappeared.... Now he's a lone male.  The Talamati Breakaway Young Male had 2 bros that were killed, so he's a lone one now.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Super Moderator

(05-23-2024, 03:15 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: The NK Male is a survivor for sure.  However, I don't think he chooses the healthiest of partners.... an older male way past his prime and now a lame male, albeit closer in age.  The Styx Male was his best choice, in my honest opinion, but he died in a freak accident one night.  I guess good choices are not falling from the trees in Sabi Sands.  Lone males really do have it much harder.  They have to find a suitable partner of a similar age and that's hopefully pretty healthy, plus it takes a long time to bond with an unrelated partner.  

I always dislike seeing lone males grow up and then leave their natal pride.  It's more of an uphill battel for them in all ways.  I was so sad when the Talamati Male's bro just disappeared.... Now he's a lone male.  The Talamati Breakaway Young Male had 2 bros that were killed, so he's a lone one now.

I think his most perfect partner was Big Boy, though Styx was right there as well. To this day I am not sure what caused Big Boy and NYM to part ways.

RookiePundit Offline

(05-23-2024, 03:15 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: The NK Male is a survivor for sure.  However, I don't think he chooses the healthiest of partners.... an older male way past his prime and now a lame male, albeit closer in age.  The Styx Male was his best choice, in my honest opinion, but he died in a freak accident one night.  I guess good choices are not falling from the trees in Sabi Sands.  Lone males really do have it much harder.  They have to find a suitable partner of a similar age and that's hopefully pretty healthy, plus it takes a long time to bond with an unrelated partner.  

He and Styx also sort of passed on PCMs at one moment. PCM being younger and still just ordinary young nomads at the time, acted quite friendly when the four met but NYM and SYM rather ignored them. It's stretch to think they might have make a coalition but we'll never know what would happen if they stick around for a bit. For sure the two would be the strongest option he ever had if the option was really there (what dynamics would be within the coalition and whether someone would play second fiddle and the coalition would last or split into original duos one day, is another question; the four of them would likely be enough to take over vacant Mhangeni pride perhaps (NYM and SYM alone could not do that) but it is alternative history anyway, now he is with Tumbela, who lost similar number of coalition partners himself).
3 users Like RookiePundit's post

Ttimemarti Offline

If Styx hadn’t died they wouldn’t taken over the mhangeni or othawa pride
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Well, they are still west.  I know the smaller PCM is in the west again.  What will we find out here.

4 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Tumbela and NK in Skukuza few days ago, credits to dra.vegavet

4 users Like Mapokser's post

United Kingdom Vengeous Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-03-2024, 04:10 PM by Vengeous )

Thought I’d ask if anyone’s heard more about this - under @moriarty_yi’s latest Instagram post for Tumbela, I saw Mariela Castillo make the following comment:

*This image is copyright of its original author

She seems to be a relatively reliable source and follows these lions closely. It’s very worrying if Tumbela and Nkuhuma had a scrap with the Gijimas, the Gijimas might be the fiercest and most brutal coalitions around, and both Nkuhuma and Tumbela haven’t been seen subsequently…
3 users Like Vengeous's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-03-2024, 02:00 PM)Vengeous Wrote: It’s very worrying if Tumbela and Nkuhuma had a scrap with the Gijimas, the Gijimas might be the fiercest and most brutal coalitions around, and both Nkuhuma and Tumbela haven’t been seen subsequently…

I think i saw instagram story from the west with NK and Tumbela few days ago.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Tumbela and NK story in the West was not recent. It was when they visited there before leaving again.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Nkuhuma seen alone in Singita.  

The context of the story says that Tumbela has not been with him last few sightings particularly since they were apparently chased by Gijimas

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Super Moderator

(06-03-2024, 10:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Nkuhuma seen alone in Singita.  

The context of the story says that Tumbela has not been with him last few sightings particularly since they were apparently chased by Gijimas

I wonder if it could be these boys that bloodied the Gijimas mouth, though it could be the young Charleston Males as has been offered as well.