There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Plains camp young male son of Southern avocas.

"Scare face of Southern Kruger. Of all the male Lions in Kruger I've spent time with between the Crocodile River and Letaba River, none have the facial trophy of a male who knows how to fight and deal with conflict like this chap. This is what you call hard earned. Mating pair at Delaport waterhole, day 2 of their mating ritual."
Credit: Andy Wags

Attached Files Image(s)

14 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Kruger/Torchwood pride male.
Credit: Ioic Naes

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

2/3 Ratelpan males recently.
Credit: Henri Olckers & CF Wildlife Photography

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-19-2024, 03:11 PM by Brahim )

Do you guys think these match? Whisker seems same to me and scar near lip.

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(05-18-2024, 10:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: S21 male warning tourist in vechicle who where too close, I remember this male doing same thing back in 2020, he doesnt like vechicles (also, he looks absolutley massive) :

If there is one thing I (and I'm sure all of us on this Forum) detest, it's obnoxious and disrespectful tourists. The male is a tank, I like the battle-hardened expression on his face.
4 users Like Rabubi's post

United States widmerk Offline

(05-19-2024, 03:11 PM)Brahim Wrote: Do you guys think these match? Whisker seems same to me and scar near lip.

I say yes, given the same double scar on lower lip just lookers right of center, and single whisker spot under his right nostril
2 users Like widmerk's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-19-2024, 03:11 PM)Brahim Wrote: Do you guys think these match? Whisker seems same to me and scar near lip.

Looks like a match to me. Who is this young male?

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(05-19-2024, 03:03 PM)Brahim Wrote: Plains camp young male son of Southern avocas.

"Scare face of Southern Kruger. Of all the male Lions in Kruger I've spent time with between the Crocodile River and Letaba River, none have the facial trophy of a male who knows how to fight and deal with conflict like this chap. This is what you call hard earned. Mating pair at Delaport waterhole, day 2 of their mating ritual."

Wow, the aggressive young Plains Camp Male!  He was already making waves by killing one of the Styx subs awhile back.  Now he's claimed mating rights on either a lone lioness or on a member of a small pride?  The Plains Camp Pride seems to score well on producing capable, strong males, like the Avoca Pride....  Just imagine what a force such a coalition would have been had this male had a partner or two!  Strong Avoca blood crossed with Plains Camp blood was definitely going to produce alpha males!  Yet only one was produced.  Let's hope his elevated testosterone levels don't get the better of him in the end.  After all, he is alone.

Anybody know how far he is from his natal pride?  Or in what location he's mating?   It's a shame nobody knows what coalition is over the pride.  We always see the Nkhulus with the Sand River Pride in pictures and videos, but it's like a black hole regarding information on the PC Pride, despite them not being extremely far away....
2 users Like Cath2020's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-19-2024, 09:02 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-19-2024, 08:34 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Anybody know how far he is from his natal pride?  Or in what location he's mating?

Exactly at Delaporte waterhole (you can see it behind them), so few km south of Skukuza.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

PCYM son of the Avocas must be a beast, he has been mating with one or 2 lionesses for a while now.

Few lions at his age have the confidence to go all out to become a solo dominant male to a point they'll fight a huge battle if necessary against a dominant male.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(05-19-2024, 09:30 PM)Mapokser Wrote: PCYM son of the Avocas must be a beast, he has been mating with one or 2 lionesses for a while now.

Few lions at his age have the confidence to go all out to become a solo dominant male to a point they'll fight a huge battle if necessary against a dominant male.

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw those pictures. He seems too young to be getting into such battles to begin with, but look at that face, WOW! Not only does he appear to have fought it out, he clearly appears to have won to rights to mate.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Mwk85 Offline

(05-19-2024, 03:03 PM)Brahim Wrote: Plains camp young male son of Southern avocas.

Black and white photo really accenting his scars.

More shots of him and the female mating.

9 users Like Mwk85's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

They are from Sweni pride sons of the 3 Swenis who been missing since mayambula males showed up. Seen on H6 recently. Seems theres 3 of them together.
Credit: Henri Olckers

Attached Files Image(s)

13 users Like Brahim's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(05-19-2024, 03:04 PM)Brahim Wrote: Kruger/Torchwood pride male.

recent matimab son ?

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(05-20-2024, 01:38 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(05-19-2024, 03:04 PM)Brahim Wrote: Kruger/Torchwood pride male.

recent matimab son ?

No, he isn’t. He is the dominant male of the Torchwood pride
3 users Like T I N O's post