There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-27-2020, 06:05 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 05:30 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: James Tyrell have a great knowledge but always do predictions in advance and that leaves a lot of speculation.

He isn't wrong though, sabi sabi area is always a hotbed for numerous nomadic and bigger coalitions. The 4 Nw's, the 4 Delaportes, and who else might pop up.

Well, it depend as you see it.
Imo he is doing a predict when the things even not haven't happened yet.

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(07-27-2020, 06:08 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 05:30 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: James Tyrell have a great knowledge but always do predictions in advance and that leaves a lot of speculation.

He isn't wrong though, sabi sabi area is always a hotbed for numerous nomadic and bigger coalitions. The 4 Nw's, the 4 Delaportes, and who else might pop up.

And? he's making an educated prediction based on years of guiding experience in the area. What's wrong with that?
2 users Like sik94's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-27-2020, 06:26 AM)sik94 Wrote:

And? he's making an educated prediction based on years of guiding experience in the area. What's wrong with that?
How he can know that for the 2021 their reign can end?
That is just a point of view of James, A lot of people was been doing predicts of the Majingilane reign in 2016 and they were dominant until the 2018...
The predictions don't help in anything to the guys that are learning recently to the lion dynamics.
However I don't can say nothing, As i've said, James Tyrell have a wonderful knowledge but the predictions not matters.

United States Matimbalani Offline

@"TinoArmando" Aren't events that have yet to happen by definition a "prediction"? It's pretty much most of what we do here: take a bit of information and speculate and predict. Personally I appreciate James Tyrell's posting. He is a good writer and a keen observer.
3 users Like Matimbalani's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-27-2020, 07:39 AM)Matimbalani Wrote:

@"TinoArmando" Aren't events that have yet to happen by definition a "prediction"? It's pretty much most of what we do here: take a bit of information and speculate and predict. Personally I appreciate James Tyrell's posting. He is a good writer and a keen observer.

As I've said, I don't share the opinion of James, Predicting the end of a coalition is just unpredictable as he has been saying that in the recently on the blogs.
He can be a good writer and keen observer but i don't have the same opinion as he!

and plus, the Birmingham for have 10 years old are in perfect shape than never.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Georgia Dreadlocks Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 04:33 PM by Dreadlocks )

(07-27-2020, 09:15 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 07:39 AM)Matimbalani Wrote:

As I've said, I don't share the opinion of James, Predicting the end of a coalition is just unpredictable as he has been saying that in the recently on the blogs.
He can be a good writer and keen observer but i don't have the same opinion as he!

and plus, the Birmingham for have 10 years old are in perfect shape than never.

Rangers are more experinced than we, but who knows what heppend? , it is only speculation and prediction. I really hope they takeover Othawa or Mhangeni pride. also i do not think they can sire and rise another litter of cub with Ntsevu. usually its not heppening.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 04:43 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-27-2020, 04:27 PM)Dreadlocks Wrote: Rangers are more experinced than we, but who knows what heppend? , it is only speculation and prediction. I really hope they takeover Othawa or Mhangeni pride. also i do not think they can sire and rise another litter of cub with Ntsevu. usually its not heppening.

1 of the Kambula lioness is belived to be pregnant again by MalaMala rangers, so they might try to raise another generation if females came to estrus again soon.

And yea, i also dont like these forced narratives and predictions..

For now Bboys dont push anywhere and dont have any threats so its a bit forced prediction..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

(07-27-2020, 04:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 04:27 PM)Dreadlocks Wrote: Rangers are more experinced than we, but who knows what heppend? , it is only speculation and prediction. I really hope they takeover Othawa or Mhangeni pride. also i do not think they can sire and rise another litter of cub with Ntsevu. usually its not heppening.

1 of the Kambula lioness is belived to be pregnant again by MalaMala rangers, so they might try to raise another generation if females came to estrus again soon.

For now Bboys dont push anywhere and dont have any threats so its a bit forced prediction..

Yah I also watch, interesting thing is that female did not looks like a cubless lioness , I really start to worried  about sub abults, they are still young  to start nomand life, i do not want see another  Mhangeni story. another litter with Ntsevu would be mistake for Bboys, they do not have another 3 year.

Hairy tummy Offline

Why do you think the bboys dont have another 3 years?

(07-27-2020, 06:21 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Why do you think the bboys dont have another 3 years?
Bboys are my favorite coalition, i want best for them, but Ntsevus territory are like 5 star hotel, nomand male lions can come in this area from every side, for Bboys would be really hard job defend cubs and terittory, and age also now they are 10 years old their prime ages are past. and  to many young coalitions are around, they are young this days but  what heppend after year when they will be bigger and stronger . like Majis, Mapogos and Matimba males for Bboys will be better go to western sabisand and try to takeover Othawa pride. and live like Hairy belly.) Sorry for mu english, hope you understand what i write.
3 users Like Dreadlocks's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 07:14 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-27-2020, 05:58 PM)Dreadlocks Wrote: Yah I also watch, interesting thing is that female did not looks like a cubless lioness , I really start to worried  about sub abults, they are still young  to start nomand life, i do not want see another  Mhangeni story. another litter with Ntsevu would be mistake for Bboys, they do not have another 3 year.

Older subadults are 2 yrs old, and younger will be 2 in september, they are reaching the size of adult lionesses, in a few months to half a year they will be able to survive on their own, they already activily participate in hunts.

There is still no indication that they would be kicked out of the pride, they will most likely left/breakeaway on their own in a half a year to an year, because pride is too big and there will be lack of food for all of them.

If Kambula lionesses will be coming to an estrus again, Bboys will definetly mate with them again, if not, they might abandon them and try to find another pride, but at the age of over 10, its questionable are they willing to fight for another takeover..

I think they will stay with Kambulas as long as they can.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Othawa pride (Junior vs Honey Badger at 4:00):

2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-27-2020, 04:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I agree with you.
Nobody can knows what will happens in the lion dynamics to the end of 2021.
The BBoys are in a perfect shape and plus only Tinyo has a limp but he always had it

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

2 users Like Tr1x24's post

(07-27-2020, 07:13 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 05:58 PM)Dreadlocks Wrote: Yah I also watch, interesting thing is that female did not looks like a cubless lioness , I really start to worried  about sub abults, they are still young  to start nomand life, i do not want see another  Mhangeni story. another litter with Ntsevu would be mistake for Bboys, they do not have another 3 year.

Older subadults are 2 yrs old, and younger will be 2 in september, they are reaching the size of adult lionesses, in a few months to half a year they will be able to survive on their own, they already activily participate in hunts.

There is still no indication that they would be kicked out of the pride, they will most likely left/breakeaway on their own in a half a year to an year, because pride is too big and there will be lack of food for all of them.

If Kambula lionesses will be coming to an estrus again, Bboys will definetly mate with them again, if not, they might abandon them and try to find another pride, but at the age of over 10, its questionable are they willing to fight for another takeover..

I think they will stay with Kambulas as long as they can.

older 11 are around 1 year 10 month - 2 year. they need one more year, and if kambulas are good mothers, like Nkuhumas Nana and Older Tsalala (who rised Mhangeni pride members) , if not we will see another litter January-February(but most time lioness given birth in summer). I will try to explain my position. My prediction- Bboys abandon/left Kambula pride from this winter .
1. I follow lion around  4 year, i not seen any coalition who rise 2 litter of cub to adult ages,(maybe i am wrong, Majis were close with mhangeni). 
2. Bboys abandon Nkuhumas , Styx and Torchwood pride with out challenge?.when sub adult were around same age or maybe younger than Kambulas.
3. If sub adults stays with pride another year, they will need more food and means more challange.
4. Kambulas like other pride did , they will try to mate with different Males. example Nguvu seen with kambula female 3 times and in singitas area also.
 I dont Khow what heppend, but wish/desire is to See strong male lion coalition from this litter of Kambula pride.
2 users Like Dreadlocks's post