There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Matshapiri Males

United States IñigoMontoya Offline

(07-07-2017, 02:41 AM)Chris Wrote: Well it's over if the matshiphri males stayed together at all time last like the majingilanes it would have been a different story but now the healthier matshiphri male although in his prime and very big and strong but it's 2 vs 1. Now, MATIMBAS COME BACK YOU FINALLY HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY.

Well, apparently he fought with 2 majins and they couldnt defeated him. 2 Manjins were injured in the combat (Dark Mane got the worst part) and he was so , but minor injuries apparently. (I think the conquerors time of Manjis is finish).

In my opinion the true problem for this male at the moment are the Avocas males. They are young, big and every day more strong.
2 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-07-2017, 04:08 PM by Ngala )

I'm sorry for this bad news. The Mohawk male was a beautiful male, had a bestial and massive body. 

The Matshapiri males were a good and interesting coalition; is sad that one of them is died. I always liked them.

Will surely be remembered just like other male lions, as the recently missed Hip Scar, and how will the Matshapiri coalition also be.

I hope that the cubs manage to survive. Does anyone know how many cubs they have? From Eyrefield pride?
3 users Like Ngala's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(07-07-2017, 04:06 PM)Ngala Wrote: I'm sorry for this bad news. The Mohawk male was a beautiful male, had a bestial and massive body. 

The Matshapiri males were a good and interesting coalition; is sad that one of them is died. I always liked them.

Will surely be remembered just like other male lions, as the recently missed Hip Scar, and how will the Matshapiri coalition also be.

I hope that the cubs manage to survive. Does anyone know how many cubs they have? From Eyrefield pride?

2 cubs left.. 1 male and 1 female...
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

(07-07-2017, 12:58 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote:
(07-07-2017, 02:41 AM)Chris Wrote: Well it's over if the matshiphri males stayed together at all time last like the majingilanes it would have been a different story but now the healthier matshiphri male although in his prime and very big and strong but it's 2 vs 1. Now, MATIMBAS COME BACK YOU FINALLY HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY.

Well, apparently he fought with 2 majins and they couldnt defeated him. 2 Manjins were injured in the combat (Dark Mane got the worst part) and he was so , but minor injuries apparently. (I think the conquerors time of Manjis is finish).

In my opinion the true problem for this male at the moment are the Avocas males. They are young, big and every day more strong.

the first fight who made that scratches over dark mane and scar nose faces was not made byt matshapiri male. nobody know who majingilanes faced in that first fight. majingis fought with matshapiri some days later in mala mala. but looks like the matshapiri escaped and spent some days hidden at kruger national park as he was not sighted by any sabi sands lodge for days.
2 users Like T Rabbit's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

Credits to: rangerjamtin
So today I say goodbye to yet another legend. Only heard now that Mohawk has officially passed away. Sleep well brother you were a machine despite your size but we will always remember you and your bro owning and having cubs.
5 users Like Fredymrt's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 11:05 PM by HouseOfLions )

(07-08-2017, 04:31 AM)T Rabbit Wrote:

the first fight who made that scratches over dark mane and scar nose faces was not made byt matshapiri male. nobody know who majingilanes faced in that first fight. majingis fought with matshapiri some days later in mala mala. but looks like the matshapiri escaped and spent some days hidden at kruger national park as he was not sighted by any sabi sands lodge for days.
Sorry, but that is incorrect. Even MalaMala said that they think it was the 1 Matshapiri vs 2 manginjis, so you are wrong about that. And if they didn't fight the matshapiri, then they got battered by the Avocas and couldn't even leave a mark on them.

I think it was the matshapiri who fought DM alone and then he was ganged up when SN joined the battle. That is why he has a few new scars.

Please stop trying to deny information from actual sources. If yo do, provide facts to back up your claim. Because as of now, everybody knows it was the matshapiri who beat DM and then got overpowered by both DM and SN!

Except, maybe you!
2 users Like HouseOfLions's post

And don't try and say the manginjis fought each other! 

Tshokwane has already proven you wrong in that regard. As he said and I quote:

"The thing with sibling fights is that they last, literally, seconds. Dark mane had some good gashes on him, so I think it was more serious than just a brotherly fight. Besides, their ladies are in the west, and brothers fight among them when there's women present or food, and if you check one of the instagram videos I posted a link of, they look quite lean instead of bloated(should they have been feeding). 

So, 1- No lady in heat to fight for(not of the prides they control at least)
and 2- no meal to fight for(something that Dark mane would have won anyway. He's always first in both of those things)"

So, it was DM that charged the fuller-maned matshapiri alone and was getting beat. When SN arrived to help, they overpowered him. And given the fact that the avoca males weren't injured (at all) and the BBoys weren't around, it is much more believable that it was the matshapiri male who fought both DM and SN.
2 users Like HouseOfLions's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

(07-08-2017, 02:01 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:

Sorry, but that is incorrect. Even MalaMala said that they think it was the 1 Matshapiri vs 2 manginjis, so you are wrong about that. And if they didn't fight the matshapiri, then they got battered by the Avocas and couldn't even leave a mark on them.

I think it was the matshapiri who fought DM alone and then he was ganged up when SN joined the battle. That is why he has a few new scars.

Please stop trying to deny information from actual sources. If yo do, provide facts to back up your claim. Because as of now, everybody knows it was the matshapiri who beat DM and then got overpowered by both DM and SN!

Except, maybe you!

Mala mala not said nothing about majingilanes scratches for the very first fight that they had. they showed that scratches at londolozi if im not wrong. mala mala only talked about one fight some days after the majingilanes appeared with face scratches. and they not saw nothing, only heard the noises of lions brawl and see the tracks of majingilanes. and i repeat it was after the majingis face scracthes.  
   nobody knows who happened to the majingilanes to them showed that scratches. but lets accept that they fought with avocas, for example. anyway does not matter it. when a lion show face scratches that does not mean he lost the fight. look how mfumo received a big bite nose hole by tynio and even that could won the mating right fights and keep the nkuhuma girls to him. 
  so stop with that you attempt to invent majingis defeats. the majingilanes not lose any pride and any perimeter of his land to avocas, matsahpiris or any other coalition. they are walking over other coalitions territory. so they are more in a offensive mode than defensive mode. and both, avocas and matshapiri, avoid the contact with them. so how can you see defeat for majingilane side? you should be fascinated by so old lions are doing that kind of action when in fact people expect a more cautious behavior from them. they are very good to a 12 years old lions. show some respect for these veterans, ok?

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

All the clues point toward the conclusion that it was the Matshpiri that fought DM and SN. Nobody is saying that's a fact but that's probably what happened. You have a confirmation bias problem in your thought process, you are only looking for evidence that supports your pre-determined conclusion and ignoring anything that doesn't fit. We are letting the information lead us to conclude that it was most likely the Matshpiri that fought the Majingalanes but you just want to defend the Majingalanes at every cost.
2 users Like sik94's post

Austria Lionpower Offline

(07-10-2017, 01:37 AM)T Rabbit Wrote:

Except, maybe you!

Mala mala not said nothing about majingilanes scratches for the very first fight that they had. they showed that scratches at londolozi if im not wrong. mala mala only talked about one fight some days after the majingilanes appeared with face scratches. and they not saw nothing, only heard the noises of lions brawl and see the tracks of majingilanes. and i repeat it was after the majingis face scracthes.  
   nobody knows who happened to the majingilanes to them showed that scratches. but lets accept that they fought with avocas, for example. anyway does not matter it. when a lion show face scratches that does not mean he lost the fight. look how mfumo received a big bite nose hole by tynio and even that could won the mating right fights and keep the nkuhuma girls to him. 
  so stop with that you attempt to invent majingis defeats. the majingilanes not lose any pride and any perimeter of his land to avocas, matsahpiris or any other coalition. they are walking over other coalitions territory. so they are more in a offensive mode than defensive mode. and both, avocas and matshapiri, avoid the contact with them. so how can you see defeat for majingilane side? you should be fascinated by so old lions are doing that kind of action when in fact people expect a more cautious behavior from them. they are very good to a 12 years old lions. show some respect for these veterans, ok?

Wow...you're quite a Majingilane fanboy. Either they got the scratches from the avoca males, which is unlikely because they didn't show any sign of a confrontation on their body or from the matshapiri male, which had also some new scratches. It is ridiculous to defend them at any cost.
2 users Like Lionpower's post

( This post was last modified: 07-10-2017, 03:53 PM by HouseOfLions )

(07-10-2017, 01:37 AM)T Rabbit Wrote:

Except, maybe you!

Sorry but now you are lying (again)! When he first saw the injuries on the manginjis, especially DM, it was because of the video posted by James Tyrrell on 27 June 2017. 

http://blog.londolozi.com/2017/06/27/mal...territory/

While malamala reported they heard lions fighting on the 26 June 2017.

And this was from the Instagram of Londolozi Private Game reserve which posted this video later on the 26 June, after malamala posted they heard a fight between lions that morning!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVy-QSIFBnb/

Stop trying to lie for God Sakes!

Yes, the only heard noises but their word is much more believable than yours, WHO HAS NO PROOF TO BACK UP WHAT HE IS SAYING. And they concluded that it was the fuller-maned matshapiri because his brother, mohwak, was found fine, laying low and the Avocas didn't have a single injury on them. And because they couldn't find the fuller maned matshapiri, it made sense that it was him who fought them.

Why do you keep denying this without any proof? It doesn't really matter at this point, I have proven you with facts and videos posted by Rangers on that day - 26 June 2017!

They didn't fight the Avocas because if they did, even in a 2 vs 2, no lion would have gotten away unscratched! Are you really this deluded that you believe in a fight between 2 rival coalition, no one is going to get hurt? WOW!

Mfumo was fighting his brother and got injured by luck, DM was fighting a rival male lion and got beat - straight up! And why are you trying to compare 2 male brothers fighting to 2 rival males fighting? The brothers are not going to kill each other and their fights usually lasts only a few seconds. When 2 rival male lions fight, it is an all out brawl and they don't hold back anything until the enemy is down or gives up.

And no one said they lost, it was DM who was losing because if you compare his injuries to the fuller-maned matshapiri, taking out the injuries he got from the Avoca, DM looks worse. In fact, even SN has a few licks but not as bad as DM. Which again implies that DM charged the battle alone, got whooped and then got help from SN! This has happened to him once before you know - remember the matimba beating he got?

And what did they achieve while going to londolozi? They failed to do anything, got hurt a little and just returned home with nothing! So yes, it retrospect, they did lose!

They went to another coalition territory and did nothing! The avoca's didn't fight them because they are still too young! And the matshapiri didn't get involved because they had their hands full with the avocas and the mohawk matshapiri having a massive injury. If both matshapiri were fine, they would have taken on the manginjis without a thought! You see, CONTEXT MATTERS, SOMETHING THAT YOU LIKE TO LEAVE OUT!

And what did the manginjis do to in this incident to deserve my respect? They attacked a young coalition whom they outnumbered! They attacked another coalition which was already falling apart! And even after all of these advantages, then only managed to get hurt and return back with no victory! Lol, they even failed to kill the fuller maned matshapri!

So what did they actually accomplish? NOTHING! I am not going to bow down and follow your fanboy ideology of them! I am going to say it as it is!

Take those blinders off!

PS. This is not an attack on anybody or any lion - I am just setting this user straight!

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

The dominant male lions put their faces in front line to intimidate their rivals andhe challenge. dont you know that yet? Cause of this the most dominant lions are that who has more scar in their faces. When they use their beast faces to put terror over their enemies they usually receive some claws and bites in their faces. One sparta lioness made a claw cut over dark mane forehead already when he took one kill from her. This means to you who dm was beaten by her?  Mr.t had his nose broken by a lioness when he was taking over the pride. So to you he was beaten by her? Of course not! Dm was blinded by golden mane in a mating right fight but we well know that dm won the most part of mating right fightes over golden mane. 
 That is important! The result of the fight. Does not matter the scratches but who put who to ran away from the area. And majingis send the avocas and matshapiri away from them. Tht is not a bar fight when who punch the face win the fight. They are lions, not humans. There is no knock down over lions chin.

United States IñigoMontoya Offline

(07-10-2017, 08:17 AM)T Rabbit Wrote: The dominant male lions put their faces in front line to intimidate their rivals andhe challenge. dont you know that yet? Cause of this the most dominant lions are that who has more scar in their faces. When they use their beast faces to put terror over their enemies they usually receive some claws and bites in their faces. One sparta lioness made a claw cut over dark mane forehead already when he took one kill from her. This means to you who dm was beaten by her?  Mr.t had his nose broken by a lioness when he was taking over the pride. So to you he was beaten by her? Of course not! Dm was blinded by golden mane in a mating right fight but we well know that dm won the most part of mating right fightes over golden mane. 
 That is important! The result of the fight. Does not matter the scratches but who put who to ran away from the area. And majingis send the avocas and matshapiri away from them. Tht is not a bar fight when who punch the face win the fight. They are lions, not humans. There is no knock down over lions chin.

Well, sorry but my english, but if you read my post I wrote "apparently" because nobody know what happened really. It's all a supposition. Avoca males was intact, BB was far away and casually the one with scratches in his face was the Matshapiri male.(In my opinion that this is too chance because as you said "males put their faces in front line"). In my opinion that is evident the fight was between males. ( 3 Tooth was injured too but minor wounds). I doubt that 3 tooth could do these wounds to DM.

On the other hand. All people speak on the big inteligent of Majingilane males (I think it too),but It does not seem to apply to the rest of lions. If Mathasipiri was overcome (2 vs 1). and he is so inteligent like Majins why not fall back simply and return later to fight in 1 vs 1 if is posiblle. I doubt if he fight 1 vs 1 with any Manjis he loses. They are old lion and he is in his prime. (Is my opinion)

They won the first assault one more time for lucky outnumber (This is what I like most of Manjis He always fight together) but no the fight in my opinion.
2 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Okay guys. For now I think that is enough.

@T Rabbit , you need to chill. I get that it might be your opinion, but the Majingilane aren't some lion gods. They just do what they do and arguing fanatically in their favour is just as silly as doing it for any other.

For the rest, this is the Matshapiri male thread now, so instead of trying to one up each other in something that already happened, with a clear result by the way, won't change anything really.

Yes, the Blonde male was good enough to inflict those injuries on Dark mane, so we can comfortably say he was winning until Scar nose arrived and they chased him off. End of the story.

Now that we know he's alive and well, why don't we focus on updating the forum on his whereabouts, instead of filling pages with bsomething that doesn't take us anywhere?

So please, move on. Thank you.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Chris Offline

Have the avocas taken over territory yet?
1 user Likes Chris's post