There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talamati/Msutlu Pride

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

The Talamati male on Chitwa drive this afternoon.

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like NLAL11's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Deon posted nkuhuma were on chitwa this evening. Not sure how to share ig stories yet.
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-07-2024, 08:48 PM by criollo2mil )

“ Lionesses are the primary caregivers for their cubs and will fiercely protect their young and keep them hidden in dens for the first three months or so of life. When it's time to move locations, the lioness will gently carry her cubs by the scruff of their necks. Cubs that are a little older, such as these Msuthlu Pride cubs, are now able to walk alongside their mothers. The lionesses will keep a watchful eye on them, making sure they stay safe from predators and other dangers.”

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

Khanya looking very regal

5 users Like KM600's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Bros a tank

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
3 users Like Friarfan619's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(05-08-2024, 07:36 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Bros a tank

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Is it the angle?  He looks a little thin there.

( This post was last modified: 05-08-2024, 09:36 PM by KM600 )

(05-08-2024, 07:48 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote:

If you’re on about his backend, I’ve realised that’s one part of his body that hasn’t filled out. Always looks a lil thin back there, but in this video he’s looking in good shape altogether.
2 users Like KM600's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Genetics?? Anyof the Avoca Boys like that??

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-08-2024, 11:33 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Genetics?? Anyof the Avoca Boys like that??

He was never as bulky and muscular as his brother.

His fathers and his bloodline is mostly "lean and long/tall" type body build, unlike Bboys lineage, who are more "stocky and muscular".

For example, his cousin BYM/Osindile has similar body type, unlike his partner Torchwood male from Birmingham lineage, who is stocky and more muscular build.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Wasn’t all of the avoca/giraffe males like that at one point. And I thought he was like this because he was younger and mightve been sick back in the day while his brother was always big

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(05-08-2024, 09:11 PM)KM600 Wrote:

If you’re on about his backend, I’ve realised that’s one part of his body that hasn’t filled out. Always looks a lil thin back there, but in this video he’s looking in good shape altogether.

He grew tall and lanky and he’s just now getting that extra testosterone and bulking out. Very interesting to see especially since his mane is still developing, I enjoy seeing how big a lions neck and shoulder are.
The oldest southern avoca PC boy is very stocky and muscular. Just different body styles. Dark mane Avoca was a really tall lion.
3 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

(05-09-2024, 04:28 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 09:11 PM)KM600 Wrote:

He grew tall and lanky and he’s just now getting that extra testosterone and bulking out. Very interesting to see especially since his mane is still developing, I enjoy seeing how big a lions neck and shoulder are.
The oldest southern avoca PC boy is very stocky and muscular. Just different body styles. Dark mane Avoca was a really tall lion.

This is one reason I was so excited about seeing Dzwihala develop, he was obviously tall like his father but extremely bulky too. Khanyas mane to me actually looks quite thick around his chest and neck already, after it extends to the top of his head, I think he’s going to be a mighty fine male lion.

3 users Like KM600's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

SOME POSITIVE NEWS for a change

there had been rumors that the S8 son of the Talamatis was missing. I now believe they had mistakenly identified two lionesses in the area as Tiyelel and the daughter but it ended up being two Nkuhumas.

tracks of all three Talamatis were found today and hopefully soon, guides find them and share some sightings.
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Despite the caption of the video he had reunited with Nkuhuma Pride yesterday so should be close to them.

2 users Like KM600's post