There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

Bulgaria Cath2020 Offline

I think it was Chela's only B'ham daughter that died giving birth or afterwards.  So strange how that happened.  Does she have any daughters with the Avocas?  I know one of her sons is with Mohawk.  

Here is Chela's son.  

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Cath2020's post

NLAL11 Offline

(04-29-2024, 04:18 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: I think it was Chela's only B'ham daughter that died giving birth or afterwards.  So strange how that happened.  Does she have any daughters with the Avocas?  I know one of her sons is with Mohawk.  

Here is Chela's son.  

I was going to ask if Chela had any decendants remaining in the pride. If Tattered Ear was her daughter, then maybe 1 or 2 of the subs might be her grandchildren.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

United States T_Ferguson Online

(04-29-2024, 04:37 AM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 04:18 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: I think it was Chela's only B'ham daughter that died giving birth or afterwards.  So strange how that happened.  Does she have any daughters with the Avocas?  I know one of her sons is with Mohawk.  

Here is Chela's son.  

I was going to ask if Chela had any decendants remaining in the pride. If Tattered Ear was her daughter, then maybe 1 or 2 of the subs might be her grandchildren.

I believe Chela only had one male survive, I think he is with Mohawk, but I may be wrong.  I think the Tattered ear is Purple Eye's daughter.  I could be wrong though.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Yes, I believe Tattered Ear was her daughter.

Here is Chela's son again, back in Sept. of last year, looking a bit more blond and different under full lighting....

Credit: Thomas Werner

5 users Like Cath2020's post

Well, now that I think about it, I may be mistaken and am not 100% sure.  I think she could have been Ridge Nose's daughter.  She had 2 from the B'hams...one called Floppy Ear, that disappeared, and the other did have cubs later for sure according to a video, so that could be her....
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Tattered ear was the daughter of nana sister of nkuhuma male ( tattered ear potentially killed) 
Ridgenose has a daughter Still alive
And purple eye has a daughter named pale eyes still alive 
Chelas only offspring that survived was her son who is with Mohawk
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

( This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 05:15 AM by Cath2020 )

(04-29-2024, 04:49 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 04:37 AM)NLAL11 Wrote:

Here is Chela's son.  

I believe Chela only had one male survive, I think he is with Mohawk, but I may be wrong.  I think the Tattered ear is Purple Eye's daughter.  I could be wrong though.

Maybe.  There are two B'ham daughters left, and one of the 3 (before the death) was the remaining daughter of Ridge Nose.  She had a son and 2 daughters from the B'ham litter.  Her son died of some disease that rendered him unable to move as a cub before he died, and Floppy Ear disappeared as a sub....so either that was her other daughter that died or she's one of the last two of the B'ham daughters.

Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 06:58 AM by Mapokser )

@Tr1x24 killing females in estrus is nonsensical, and while killing adult lionesses is somehow common, most males don't do it, if an unknown female meets them, even not in eatrus, the average lion will most likely not even be aggressive towards her.

They might only kill lionesses if the females fight way too hard to defend cubs.

PCM are hyper aggressive and don't tolerate anybody ( not named Tumbela, weirdly enough ), I remember when they were taking over thr Ximhungwe pride, the Othawa Breakaway was in estrus, she lightly slapped the smaller PCM and got chased at full speed by the larger male, for who knows how many km. What other male does something like this? Most wouldn't even react, the smaller male who was slapped barely cared.

Some other males are very tolerant though, Ndhzengas were 4, the Kambulas played a lot of games with them, and attacked them to protect the subs and cubs, still none got killed, in fact I don't remember they even seriously attacking any of the females.

And then there's the Gijimas. They accepted 2yo Southern subs and tolerated the 2,5yo Styx subs ( only chasing the male sub, but never attacked or even pressured the females ), even nomadic PCYM killed a Styx sub, but Gijimas never even attacked any.

PCM's aggression towards females is off the charts.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Oh wow, so Chela's only offspring is a handsome son with Mohawk?  I thought she had a few more from the B'hams and Avocas.  Yes, that makes sense.  The guide stated that she unwisely chose her last den site and she also lost another litter right before the last one.  She must have lost many litters.

United States T_Ferguson Online

(04-29-2024, 05:20 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Oh wow, so Chela's only offspring is a handsome son with Mohawk?  I thought she had a few more from the B'hams and Avocas.  Yes, that makes sense.  The guide stated that she unwisely chose her last den site and she also lost another litter right before the last one.  She must have lost many litters.

I think... I am not sure by any stretch.  I think Cirillo2m would be more of an authority on this one as I think they've schooled me a few times on Chela.  I thought I was told when the BDM's first moved into the area that this was the case.  I was trying to through old posts.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 05:37 AM by afortich )

(04-29-2024, 05:14 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 killing females in estrus is nonsensical, and while killing adult lionesses is somehow common, most males don't do it, if an unknown female meets them, even not in eatrus, the average lion will most likely not even be aggressive towards her.

They might only kill lionesses if the females fight way too hard to defend cubs.

PCM are hyper aggressive and don't tolerate anybody ( not named Tumbela, weirdly enough ), I remember when they were taking over thr Ximhungwe pride, the Othawa Breakaway was in estrus, she lightly slapped the smaller PCM and got chased at full speed by the larger male, for who knows how many km. What other male does something like this? Most wouldn't even react, the smaller male who was slapped barely cared.

Some other males are very tolerant though, Ndhzengas were 6, the Kambulas played a lot of games with them, and attacked them to protect the subs and cubs, still none got killed, in fact I don't remember they even seriously attacking any of the females.

And then there's the Gijimas. They accepted 2yo Southern subs and tolerated the 2,5yo Styx subs ( only chasing the male sub, but never attacked or even pressured the females ), even nomadic PCYM killed a Styx sub, but Gijimas never even attacked any.

PCM's aggression towards females is off the charts.

I can not agree more with you bro. Well said.
2 users Like afortich's post

Ttimemarti Offline

They didn’t kill the skorro jr because he put up too much of a fight you can see skorro jr almost grabbed Makunga by his face and after Makunga got skorro jr off him he backed off and then so did his brother

Ttimemarti Offline

(04-29-2024, 05:20 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Oh wow, so Chela's only offspring is a handsome son with Mohawk?  I thought she had a few more from the B'hams and Avocas.  Yes, that makes sense.  The guide stated that she unwisely chose her last den site and she also lost another litter right before the last one.  She must have lost many litters.
No her only offspring that survived to adulthood was her son sired by the avoca males he looks a lot like blondie
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

The champion mom out of the bunch, really, was Ridge Nose.  She had a surviving offspring from all of the males that she mated with!  A daughter with the B'hams who has now given her several grandcubs, a son with Mohawk, and now two with the PC Males (of course it's early days yet for the subs, yet she did all she could to take them to adulthood safely, almost raising them alone.)
2 users Like Cath2020's post

( This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 05:57 AM by Cath2020 )

(04-29-2024, 05:41 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: They didn’t kill the skorro jr because he put up too much of a fight you can see skorro jr almost grabbed Makunga by his face and after Makunga got skorro jr off him he backed off and then so did his brother

I'm not so sure about that.  Looks like they let him live, and just beat him up several times....to the point where he is now probably lame.  His handicap will only worsen with age, unfortunately.  I think they left him alone and didn't kill him outright because they didn't see a big threat from him.

But yea, Skorro is no pushover.  He might have gotten a certain advantage in some of the encounters, hence why they also didn't want to potentially risk any injury from taking one male out when they could merely injure him.