There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

We got to see the Mhangene pride and one of the Majingilane males finishing of the remains of a buffalo they killed last night.
Credits: Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve

Given the pride size (16), they are hunting very often.
I believe the oldest set of the cubs are 1.5 year old and youngest are of 1 year old

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

ximhugwe male yeah!!
Credits: Tintswalo Safari Lodge

4 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Chris Offline

(07-20-2017, 01:12 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: ximhugwe male yeah!!

The son of the selati males, well it's sad to say but he's going to have to leave his sisters, if there sisters want to mate with the majingilanes and 9 times out of 10 they want to, so I hope that he learns how to hunt so that when the time comes it wouldn't that hard for and he'll be able to find a coalition partner later on.
1 user Likes Chris's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

I didn't see Tintswalo's post yet, but I don't think this is the Xim male. He should be way older than this, the age of the Tsalala males or older.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(07-20-2017, 07:48 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:

I didn't see Tintswalo's post yet, but I don't think this is the Xim male. He should be way older than this, the age of the Tsalala males or older.

I saw the post in FB crediting them.. Let me find the original post.. if I can..
3 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Tsalala Breakaway Pride - Londolozi Game Reserve, Callum Gowar - 19 Jul 2017
Tsalala breakaway pride The resting on the banks of the Sand River

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

This morning after following up on some alarm calls, we found the two Ximhungwe females along the river. It is great to have them back on their birth ground.

Credits: Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve

United States Fredymrt Offline

Tsalala\Marthly Young  Males

Photo Credit: Wendy Wilso
Date - July 17, 2017
Location - Kirkman's Sabi Sands
5 users Like Fredymrt's post

Chris Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-21-2017, 10:53 PM by Tshokwane Edit Reason: Embedding the video )

Here the link of the 3 tsalala/marthly males were seen south of mala mala 4 days ago.

2 users Like Chris's post

Chris Offline

(07-21-2017, 12:31 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: Tsalala Breakaway Pride - Londolozi Game Reserve, Callum Gowar - 19 Jul 2017
Tsalala breakaway pride The resting on the banks of the Sand River

@Tshokwane  do you these breakaway lionesses will join there sisters again?

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-21-2017, 09:15 PM)Chris Wrote: @Tshokwane  do you these breakaway lionesses will join there sisters again?

The main Tsalala pride are their mothers. These are the sisters of the Tsalala young males, and now that they're gone yes, it's very possible.

A lot will have to do with the males that are dominant in the place.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Chris Offline

(07-21-2017, 10:52 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 09:15 PM)Chris Wrote: @Tshokwane  do you these breakaway lionesses will join there sisters again?

The main Tsalala pride are their mothers. These are the sisters of the Tsalala young males, and now that they're gone yes, it's very possible.

A lot will have to do with the males that are dominant in the place.
So now that the males are gone they can regroup right? And how far are they from eachother?
1 user Likes Chris's post

South Africa Sideliner Offline

These 3 look very MrT'ish or Mohecan'ish. They could become a force to be reckoned with i guess.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-21-2017, 11:58 PM)Chris Wrote: And how far are they from eachother?

I have no idea, but I don't think they're too far away.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

MALAMALA TODAY: July 19th-21st. 

Lions: the Fourways pride have been trailing a herd of buffalo, moving south through Flockfield and into Charleston. They are still without one of the lionesses. We can only speculate as to her whereabouts but believe she may have 'taken one for the team' in luring male lions away from the cubs. The Eyrefield lionesses have spent their time in northern Charleston also in close proximity to a herd of buffalo- unfortunately we now fear the worst for their remaining 2 cubs. The 2 Avoca males have been in the company of a lioness from the Kambula pride on our airstrip. 
Last night we witnessed a fascinating but gruesome ordeal when the other 5 Kambula lionesses caught and repeatedly mauled a hyena close to Main Camp. 
The 3 young males from the Marthly pride continue to spend a lot of time along the Sand River in Charleston.
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post