There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Ngonya Offline

(05-06-2024, 01:50 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Damn wonder how many nkhulu were roaring back
Around three
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

Do those 2 have enough of a bond to take on even 2v2, much less 4 or 5 v 2.

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(05-06-2024, 02:21 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Do those 2 have enough of a bond to take on even 2v2, much less 4 or 5 v 2.

This is where it gets interesting for me, given the little amount of time they’ve been together, they shouldn’t be this confident roaring in an established coalitions territory. I don’t think they’ll pursue this territory but it’s worth mentioning the Nkhulus are split up. Infact, I don’t think 2 of them have been seen in months, one of them being Dreadlocks, so they’re certainly not unbeatable for coalitions. Too big of a task for these two tho.
1 user Likes KM600's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Good thing both the NK and Tumbela Males are in their prime.  They don't look too concerned, but if the Nkhulus ever get their act together, then they'll be so much stronger than they imagine and any duo out there would be on the run.  Too bad they are so divided.  Even if there are only 3/4 healthy ones, still that's a number's advantage and they can't even manage to unite regardless.
3 users Like Cath2020's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Them taking on the Nkhulus or even roaring in that general area is asking for very big problems. They are in no shape to even challenge a single lion.
Id not be surprised if this is an older event and its the reason they are split now.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 04:21 AM by Mapokser )

Tumbela and NK are making the same mistake of NK and Skorro not long ago, roaring before they have properly bonded.

Actually it's a worse mistake since at least Skorro/NK were doing it in a small "empty" area with only duos around them.

Here they're roaring in the territory of 6-7 males.

If they wait 5-6 more months they can potentially challenge in some easier area.

I agree with the logic of potential mistake here, but this is not a 6 lion coalition of monsters in the Nkhulu's like we thought it was a year ago.  At least 3 of them are sickly, 1 is likely gone in Dreadlocks, and the other 3 aren't exactly seen together very often.  I don't know.  Business is about to pick up in Sabi for certain as there seem to be hotspots all over the place.  I'm just going to marvel in the delight that Skorro and NK are actually acting like mature Male lions.

I mean.. it's crazy right?  What's next?  The Southern Avoca male rises and defeats the N'Was and assumes the pride male role of the Kambula's?!!?  LOL
2 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 04:27 AM by Duco Ndona )

Even if its just 2 of them. They would still have a better bond than Skorto and Nym and lets not forget Skorro isnt at full health either.
If it really was that easy, the southern Avocas would have won earlier.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Skorro jr and skorro breakaway male or skorro orpen im seeing everyone just say skorro it may confuse others
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

(05-06-2024, 04:25 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Even if its just 2 of them. They would still have a better bond than Skorto and Nym and lets not forget Skorro isnt at full health either.
If it really was that easy, the southern Avocas would have won earlier.

I don't disagree, but I also don't think the Nkhulu's are the same lions they were when they ousted the Southern Avoca's.  That seems like such a long time ago now, and so much has degraded these boys.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 10:10 PM by Mapokser )

Tumbela is on the thin side currently, probably reason why NK apparently dominated him.

But he'll probably go back to top shape, he was in great condition last time he was seen alone/with daughters in the West, now he has NK to help in hunts and NK is an amazing hunter, always in top form.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-06-2024, 01:42 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Tumbela and Nkuhuma males roaring in  Nkhulu territory
Nkhulu brothers were roaring back

Interesting, although Nkhulus are decimated with health problems, not sure thats the right move for Tumbela/NK.

There still should be 3-4 Nkhulus who are fit enough to fight, and its not like Tumbela is 100% either.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-06-2024, 02:50 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They are in no shape to even challenge a single lion.

Ok lets not overexaggerate.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-06-2024, 06:18 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-06-2024, 05:21 AM)T_Ferguson Wrote: I don't disagree, but I also don't think the Nkhulu's are the same lions they were when they ousted the Southern Avoca's.  That seems like such a long time ago now, and so much has degraded these boys.

Thats true, last year around that time these guys where all in excellent shape, but since that health issuess arrive on majority of them, and as someone said, all 6-7 of them together where not seen in ages.

Dreadlocks was not seen in months, Nkhulu #6 is mostly alone in KNP, Nkhulu #4 is in really bad shape roaming around mostly alone.

Looks like only Snip Tail, Smudge (who also lost quite of his mane), #5 and #3 (both limping) hang together.

Still should be enough for NK and Tumbela, but they already are having problems with confident Gijimas.

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Strenght shouldnt be an issue. But keep in mind that they only have been together for a very short period after spending a long time alone. 
They are going to need time to figure things out and bond.