There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Old photo of Skorro, it might be bias but he reminds me of Jr here:

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-13-2024, 01:10 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Old photo of Skorro, it might be bias but he reminds me of Jr here:

I think he is Buddy's son, more similar face features, pale skin and lighter mane like Buddy.

His younger brother who went missing was spitting image of Jr, aswell as current Mbiri young male, when you see him, you can immidiately see Jr. there.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Wouldn't beating up nkuhuma, talamati and bdm increased confidence in these boys??  Also isn't is possible Ottawa male fathered some of them since he was mating kambula ??
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

It's been said that the Gijimas chased the 3 Kambula males and sister to Londolozi, the PCM might have heard the commotion and went deeper into Londolozi where they chased the Kambulas and caught which seems to be K5.

With K6 not seen for one week despite all of this happening, and with his siblings being all throughout the areas they hangout ( north, Londolozi and south ), it's very worrisome.

Currently 1 male missing and one injured, with them being chased around by 2 different coalitions.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 Mbiri male is almost a spitting image of Jr but it's hardly a challenge to "confirm" paternity since Buddy was half dead when he was sired.

Similar to the Othawas Matimba, not only the Ximhungwe female is the spitting image of Ginger but HB was in very bad shape at the time with Ginger dominating the mating.

@Friarfan619 OM could have been father to the some of the 2020 litter but they didn't make it.

These Kambulas are 100% Birmingham offspring.

Friarfan619 Offline

(04-13-2024, 04:37 AM)Mapokser Wrote: @Tr1x24 Mbiri male is almost a spitting image of Jr but it's hardly a challenge to "confirm" paternity since Buddy was half dead when he was sired.

Similar to the Othawas Matimba, not only the Ximhungwe female is the spitting image of Ginger but HB was in very bad shape at the time with Ginger dominating the mating.

@Friarfan619 OM could have been father to the some of the 2020 litter but they didn't make it.

These Kambulas are 100% Birmingham offspring.
Thanks.  I've always thought to myself at least 1 was his son.  Reality is cruel
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Not sure if it's before or after pcm fight??

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
3 users Like Friarfan619's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 08:19 PM by BA0701 )

Edit: Is youtube embedding broken? It shows up fine in the editor?
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

NLAL11 Offline

5 users Like NLAL11's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Looks like mohawked BDM in Londolozi, not sure how recent :

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Probably not recent. Recently he is very bald.

T I N O Online
Moderators

(04-13-2024, 11:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Looks like mohawked BDM in Londolozi, not sure how recent :

Looking good
3 users Like T I N O's post

BigLion39 Offline

(04-13-2024, 01:47 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I think he is Buddy's son, more similar face features, pale skin and lighter mane like Buddy.

I agree, he looks like Buddy, to me more than ever as he gets older too.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

United States Cath2020 Offline

I'm leaning more towards Junior, but not 100%. 

It's not unusual for a lion to have multiple sons, but some resemble him more than others.... So, the young Orpen Male for now looks so much like his sire, and he's not even in his prime.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-14-2024, 07:22 PM by Tr1x24 )

With new reports that Gijimas almost killed (i hope it stays on almost) K6 Kambula and chased 4 and then day or so after 3 Kambulas again, I think more and more that 2 Talamatis had similar encounter with Gijimas down south, in which they stand no chance and DM Talamati, as leader and more confident of the 2, got caught.

Gijimas look particulary agressive towards young males and nomads, they already catched and beaten one of Kambulas last year, already chased 2 Talamati males in the past and showed major hostility towards Styx young male and young females.

They also look to be experts in dealing with coalitions who outnumber them, as we saw vs Ndhzengas, Nkhulus and now Kambulas.

Talamatis where last hanging south in Gijimas territory, next sighting was remaining Talamati alone in Kruger, just south of Gijimas territory near Kruger Gate, other nowhere to be found to this day.

Obiviously this is just a guess what might happen to him, we cant know.