There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

T I N O Online
Moderators

A brief introduction of the Kambula/Ntsevu Males.

Born: 3 Males  June-Oct 2018, 1 Male born May 2019
Fathered by the Birmingham Males
Mothers are 5 of the Ntsevu/Kambula lionesses
They have been accompanied by 1 Female (sister) b. May 2019
First seen on WildEarth 23 May 2023 Sunset Safari

Kambula/Ntsevu  Male Lions:
- Kambula Male #1 - June 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #1) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #2)”

- Kambula Male #2 - Late July/Early August 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #3) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #1)”

- Kambula Males #3, #4 & #5 - September 2018 (sons of Kambula lioness #4)

- Kambula Male #6 - May 2019 (Son of Kambula lioness #5) 

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like T I N O's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

This should be a great thread, these boys are still only at the beginning of their journey. I look forward to where things goes next!
3 users Like BA0701's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Only 1 of the Kruger boys been spotted recently??
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Ttimemarti Offline

I think the unrelated male was seen and it was said the 2 kambulas also seen marking territory with him
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Both Kruger males accounted for.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(04-28-2024, 09:06 PM)T I N O Wrote: A brief introduction of the Kambula/Ntsevu Males.

Born: 3 Males  June-Oct 2018, 1 Male born May 2019
Fathered by the Birmingham Males
Mothers are 5 of the Ntsevu/Kambula lionesses
They have been accompanied by 1 Female (sister) b. May 2019
First seen on WildEarth 23 May 2023 Sunset Safari

Kambula/Ntsevu  Male Lions:
- Kambula Male #1 - June 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #1) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #2)”

- Kambula Male #2 - Late July/Early August 2018 (Son of Kambula lioness #3) “(He is in Kruger with the dark-maned Pretoriouskop male and Kambula #1)”

- Kambula Males #3, #4 & #5 - September 2018 (sons of Kambula lioness #4)

- Kambula Male #6 - May 2019 (Son of Kambula lioness #5) 

So, all 4 Kambula Boys are from the K4 and K5.  Interesting, and the older two are from K1 and K3.  So, K2 is the only one that didn't leave any male offspring from the B'hams.  K6 is infertile, of course.  Lots of potential for K4's bloodline if her 3 boys score big in the future.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Which older Kambulas are dead? Forgot.  The Ntsevu Pride consists of 3/4 remaining ones...K2, K6, and K3...I think

Ttimemarti Offline

K1 and k4 are dead also k11 died daughter of k3
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Which one of the older Kambulas allegedly had 5 males in a litter and that died?  K1 or K4 (the one who has 3 sons with the B'hams already?)

I guess the one sister with the brothers is K12, littermate to K6....

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-29-2024, 12:18 AM by Tr1x24 )

Why we made this thread when "Birmingham coalition male lineage" thread is basically only about these Kambulas, 1 NK and 1 Torchwood male, from which we have almost no updates?

So with this thread, that thread is left basically only for 1 NK male..

I am not against making new threads, but we basically already have thread for these guys, and this is overlaping.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

For me that thread works for us to keep track of the, well, Bboys male offspring during their nomadhood.

But once these nomadic males become dominant they are now their own thing, not the Bboys sons anymore, but the Kambula males, and since they are establishing themselves in SS and have huge influence, they deserve a thread just like Gijimas or PCM, even more because they are 4.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-29-2024, 12:23 AM)Mapokser Wrote: For me that thread works for us to keep track of the, well, Bboys male offspring during their nomadhood.

But once these nomadic males become dominant they are now their own thing, not the Bboys sons anymore, but the Kambula males, and since they are establishing themselves in SS and have huge influence, they deserve a thread just like Gijimas or PCM, even more because they are 4.

They are not yet territorial, and might not even become in Sabi Sands.

Until we see their destiny, I think that thread is more then enough to post what they are doing.

I mean, we can have it, but then that thread is basically dead.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

I would prefer to see them established first before having a thread, personally speaking.  We don't know if they'll all succeed together in the end, hopefully they will.  Two of them recently got caught and almost paid a very heavy price with their lives.  Nomadic life is perilous.  These boys are not even 6 yet, and already they are being chased and getting into trouble.  K6 won't turn 5 until May.  These 4 boys could create a lot of havoc and mayhem in the next 1-2 years for the upcoming male cubs all around them being raised by the dominant males....unless they up and leave into Kruger....then we will rarely, if ever, get updates.
3 users Like Cath2020's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 the other thread can be resurrected 5 years from now to follow the Kambula's sons.

Other threads are dead for good, at least that other one will likely have a future.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

Kambula/Ntsevu male #6
Photo credit: Frederik Barnardt

3 users Like T I N O's post