There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

United States SaTanMapogo Offline

Why did you erase my post? Last I heaed this was call wild FACT where did I lie?
1 user Likes SaTanMapogo's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(10-30-2016, 02:18 AM)Georgel Wrote: Once again, you could have refrained from quoting (in a provocative way) the previous post.

Of course I could. 

Said previous post, however, was the provocative one. A single video proves the wrong and irrelevant of thinking.

Quote:As I said, the bad thing with you is that somehow you provoke other people, when as a moderator you shouldn't do this.

The alternative would be to permanently shut my mouth and not even post, because eventually everyone would get offended.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(10-30-2016, 03:04 AM)SaTanMapogo Wrote: Why did you erase my post? Last I heaed this was call wild FACT where did I lie?

Everywhere. 

You are assuming you know what wild lionesses do or don't do, and in fact you are mistaken, which is proven everyday in the updates posted.

But that is not what gets some post deleted. It is the constant disrespect, talking about lions as if they are some little scaredy cats instead of lions.

Instead of keeping this up, just quit it.

United States jacksonsmash Offline

Male lions have been abandoning prides since there have been lions walking the earth....the majingilane are the most successful coalition in sabi sands.why talk about them like they are  sneaky and afraid....let's stop the anthropomorphism
4 users Like jacksonsmash's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Ohh stop please, I cleaned the Mapogos thread, do not this here,
3 users Like sanjay's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-30-2016, 10:57 PM by Ngala )

From Londolozi Game Reserve, Game Drive Through a Different Lens by James Souchon:
"One of the Majingilane Male lions rests in the Sand River. Again, using my bigger telephoto lens I was able to focus solely on the lion choosing to capture his sleepy state without too much of the surrounding landscape."

*This image is copyright of its original author

"Same as before I brought out the GoPro immediately after and took a picture from the same place. I love this picture because by looking at Rich’s face you can tell what mood we were in after finally getting to see these lions. For me personally, the picture reminds me of how we felt in that sighting and what a great afternoon we had. It captures a whole different perspective of the scene."

"The benefit of not having a door! I was able to hold the camera low and snap this picture of one of the Majingilane males as he woke up and walked past our vehicle. Again, by having the side of the car in the picture it really puts into perspective how close we were."

"The same Majingilane male made his way to join the rest of the Mhangeni Pride just as the sun was setting."

4 users Like Ngala's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 11:52 PM by Tshokwane )

Careful not to disturb 'Scar Nose' during his nap.......He laid down after walking a river bed with the Othawas. Probably needed a break!    #DuliniMoments
Dulini Private Game Reserve 

2 users Like Gamiz's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

Fredymrt'
DARK MANED(THE BOSS)....vs the hyena.(filmed at nkorho june 5 2011)
to see the video,click on the link below:
https://youtu.be/C4_5Ddy0UgQ

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Fredymrt's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Scar Nose, credits to Brad Graff.

Majesty moves with a cat's stride...

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

Credits to Marianna Gdanis.

We were lucky enough to see all 4 Majingalane lions in the riverbed - all in maginificent condition — Londolozi Private Game Reserve.

5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Golden mane
Credits to Craig Parsons

3 users Like Gamiz's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(11-04-2016, 12:38 PM)Georgel Wrote: When is this photo supposed to be taken

The pictures are from Ocotber 30th, I think they were with the Mangheni pride and the little cubs.

Quote:cause as far as I know the four Majingis reunite very seldom in the last time being split into 3 + 1.

I don't know where you got that from.

If you check back, posts #670, #672, #673 they were all together, this time with the Othawa pride. 

They were not seen for some weeks on the Idube area, that is in the middle of their territory, because they were very obviously patrolling the rest of their land.

Now last weekend, from post #690, they were again, all four of them together.

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(11-04-2016, 09:14 PM)Georgel Wrote: I've read some Londolozi's articles about their encounter with Ginger in a most likely 3 vs 1 fight, but it seems this happened some time ago.

Ginger was beat up by the Matshapiri males, not the Majingilane.

Quote:Anyway, the posts you quoted are not relevant, they only show some disparate pictures

You don't have to trust on it.

For me, that's the only way of having an idea where the lions are.

If the rangers report that the 4 are together, then that is what I believe and post.
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(11-04-2016, 10:57 PM)Georgel Wrote: The Matshapiri are mentioned only two times in that article, and nobody said that they are the culprits for sure.

Of course not. You were talking about Ginger being attacked, which was previous to what this article is talking about.
Quote:Although he is still carrying the scars of his last fight, it seems he has no new injuries

The injuries they're referring to are from the previous attack he suffered.

Here: http://blog.londolozi.com/2016/02/lion-u...coalition/
Quote:As those deathly sounds two weeks ago were heard in the distance to the east and echoing from the Sand River, the interaction went unseen and subsequent viewing of the area was impossible. As such, it is not known who (or how many) inflicted the damage to the powerful male or where the other Matimba male was at the time. As we have seen, the two are aware of Majingilane pressure to their west and may only have stood down to their challenge eight weeks ago as they were outnumbered by one. This happened far away from any Majingilane presence, though.
So, as you see, the Majingilane had nothing to do with Ginger's injuries.

Quote:Nice comment posted by you under the article, btw.

Thank you.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Away
Big Cats Enthusiast

(11-05-2016, 02:48 AM)Georgel Wrote: the Majingilanes seem to have been far from the place of the fight (recall that I've said "likely"), but Matshipiri are also unlikely to have injured Ginger

No, you're confusing the two instances.

1- Ginger was beaten. The Majingilane were far away. The Matshapiri males most likely did it.

2- The next encounter was with the Majingilane, Ginger wasn't injured so he most likely didn't intervene, only Hairy belly who got away.

The Matshapiris don't even appear in this second encounter.