There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(04-27-2024, 11:47 PM)Mwk85 Wrote:

where are all the subs they been kick out or they split in different group to keep them safe
4 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

Mwk85 Offline

(04-28-2024, 12:43 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 11:47 PM)Mwk85 Wrote:

where are all the subs they been kick out or they split in different group to keep them safe

Not sure, I'll ask around and see if any news on them is available.
3 users Like Mwk85's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Think Sizanani died/starved to death when Skorro was fighting and keeping avoca/Giraffe away. Skorro did well alot of their offspring survived from nharu and mbiri pride. Lambile just wasn't seen for ages and then tintswalo eventually said he's dead
1 user Likes Brahim's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-28-2024, 10:02 PM)Brahim Wrote: Think Sizanani died/starved to death when Skorro was fighting and keeping avoca/Giraffe away. Skorro did well alot of their offspring survived from nharu and mbiri pride. Lambile just wasn't seen for ages and then tintswalo eventually said he's dead

Thank you so much, my friend! Those Nharu males sure did not fare well, but their story isn't yet finished. Yeah, I remember reading, or maybe seeing a video, that Sizanani was really ill, and just disappeared. I never knew if the thought was that his illness had killed him, or the Avoca/Giraffe group, as I know that was all around the same time. Skorro never had much of a chance at fending them off by himself, but he did really well for awhile.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Canada Maghreb Offline

(04-28-2024, 10:02 PM)Brahim  Labille often looked the thinnest of the trio, and looked better when there were only 2. Wrote: Think Sizanani died/starved to death when Skorro was fighting and keeping avoca/Giraffe away. Skorro did well alot of their offspring survived from nharu and mbiri pride. Lambile just wasn't seen for ages and then tintswalo eventually said he's dead
1 user Likes Maghreb's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Yes, really huge ! But does it presage great events as concerns the social dynamic of the lions prides around ?

" As i set out to look for the Gomondwane male lions, this male lion appeared out of nowhere.
This, the oldest of the two S21 males, have taken the Makhohlola terriotry, and is threatening to move even more south, as this lion is proving.
The Makhohlola male lions have been dismantled by a unknown force, and these males might very well be responsible, even for the death of the old father LubeyLubey.
Times are changing in the far southern kruger national park, as the lion dynamics are ever evolving.
Will this male lion look to challenge for Gomondwane territory soon, or perhaps run into Zaza and some of the Vurhami young males?
"
6 users Like Spalea's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Is there any update on the Guernsey Lioness that had cubs around late spring/summer of last year with the N. Avoca Males?  Last update was June '23, soon after giving birth.  No word since.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

And it seems the entire Timbavati River Pride subs disappeared ages ago.  The 3 males and one female.  Chances are that they either didn't make it, or had to run far away and thus, no updates.  It's very sad and I sometimes think about those 4 that went through so much after their sire died defending the pride from the Skorro Males.  All of them had to go nomadic around the age of 2, or slightly before.  None of the adult lionesses ran off to help them for several more months either.....

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

(04-29-2024, 02:32 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: And it seems the entire Timbavati River Pride subs disappeared ages ago
Sub females remained and still are within a pride. Of the 4 adult females, 2 are sired by Nharhu males.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(04-29-2024, 02:28 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Is there any update on the Guernsey Lioness that had cubs around late spring/summer of last year with the N. Avoca Males?  Last update was June '23, soon after giving birth.  No word since.

You might be mixing up some names? N Avocas never mated or have been around the Guernseys.

Do you mean Black Dams? There is 1/4 brothers that stays almost exclusively with the Guernsey Breakaway. I know there’s cubs but the number escapes me.
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

Sorry, I think they were the N. Black Dams.  I mix the names up, that's all.  Yea, haven't heard anything about those cubs she had last year, nearly a year ago.

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Darkmaned Pretoriuskop seen on a night drive. Both Kambula males were there also scent marking.
Credit: John Finch

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-30-2024, 04:39 AM by Brahim )

1/3 Sweni males late last year. Unfortunately no sightings of them since December when they lost Sweni pride to the 6 Mayambula males.
Credit: Harrie Franssen

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Vurhami young male tree climbing.
Credit: Hanzalah

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Smudge. 1/2 Mazithi males.