There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

They were really impressive looking youngster. They looked very much ready to take on adult males yet in 2011. I hope they had a bit of a luck a they succeed in takeover some territory in KNP.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-13-2020, 09:40 PM by Tr1x24 )

If is it true that they where in Lukimbi area around 2015, i did a little research of Lukimbi area and their males thru the years if i can find them. 

In 2014-2015 there was 1 older male with 4 younger males (possibly his sons around that area) from Lukimbi pride:

*This image is copyright of its original author

They left that area in 2015, as they left 2 new but older males came in this area:

They where around to ~ 2017 when where ousted by 2 Croc Bridge males (Shishangeni sons) :

They where around for a bit more then a year and where ousted by 3 new young Mjejane males, who are still dominant in this area. 

So if Othawa M and T where  in that area around 2014,15 they might be ones of those males from first 2 pics.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

That would be incredibly strange movement. They left SS through northen part of it so they rather should be somewhere to the east/north-east from SS. I find about impossible them to appear so far south.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-13-2020, 10:17 PM)Potato Wrote: That would be incredibly strange movement. They left SS through northen part of it so they rather should be somewhere to the east/north-east from SS. I find about impossible them to appear so far south.

?? Didnt they've been last seen in south of Sabi Sands and then moved into Kruger?

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

No, they spent their first part of nomadic life in northen SS.

Here you have one of many sighting them in the north:
https://www.elephantplains.co.za/big-5-blog/2011/10/rangers-report-september-2011/

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-13-2020, 11:29 PM)Potato Wrote: No, they spent their first part of nomadic life in northen SS.

Here you have one of many sighting them in the north:
https://www.elephantplains.co.za/big-5-

Yes, but they left Sabi Sands in 2012, and where last seen in the south by rangers.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

As far as I know they moved further east. Do you have any sighting of them in southern Sabi Sands?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-14-2020, 08:21 PM)Potato Wrote: As far as I know they moved further east. Do you have any sighting of them in southern Sabi Sands?

I dont, i have this info from Rob The Ranger :

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

That is strange, but the part "This would be the last time I ever saw them" explain it.  Ever since that left netal pride they were regulary seen in northen Sabi Sands up untill October of 2011, when they have moved further into Kruger. I have never seen any sighting of they in any region to the south from there.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-14-2020, 10:09 PM)Potato Wrote: That is strange, but the part "This would be the last time I ever saw them" explain it.  Ever since that left netal pride they were regulary seen in northen Sabi Sands up untill October of 2011, when they have moved further into Kruger. I have never seen any sighting of they in any region to the south from there.

He didnt see them, but he said that they where been seen in the south after that by others.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Most likely he just confused informations. Why wouldn't he say like "they were sighted in northen and southern SS" or "they were seen allover the reserve"?

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-14-2020, 10:30 PM)Potato Wrote: Most likely he just confused informations. Why wouldn't he say like "they were sighted in northen and southern SS" or "they were seen allover the reserve"?

Idk, im just saying what he said.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-13-2020, 09:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: If is it true that they where in Lukimbi area around 2015, i did a little research of Lukimbi area and their males thru the years if i can find them. 

In 2014-2015 there was 1 older male with 4 younger males (possibly his sons around that area) from Lukimbi pride:

They left that area in 2015, as they left 2 new but older males came in this area:

They where around to ~ 2017 when where ousted by 2 Croc Bridge males (Shishangeni sons) :

They where around for a bit more then a year and where ousted by 3 new young Mjejane males, who are still dominant in this area. 

So if Othawa M and T where  in that area around 2014,15 they might be ones of those males from first 2 pics.

I have a few images of the Possibly Othawa M Around 2019/2020,He look like so much as PB
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-15-2020, 09:34 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I have a few images of the Possibly Othawa M Around 2019/2020,He look like so much as PB

Can you post them?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-15-2020, 11:26 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 09:34 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I have a few images of the Possibly Othawa M Around 2019/2020,He look like so much as PB

Can you post them?

Yes of course,Would be a pleasure

I only want find them and talk with people,But always keep the respect from both parts
1 user Likes Timbavati's post