There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Great Apes

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Possibly, the three ages of a female chimp's life...

4 users Like Spalea's post

United Kingdom ragelion Offline

Gorilla killing a leopard

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like ragelion's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Daniel Rosengren: " A young chimpanzee in the lush canopy of Kibale National Park. Chimpanzees and bonobos are our closest relatives with about 99% of their DNA identical to ours. Chimpanzees are actually more closely related to humans than to gorillas. But we are not always very friendly to our relatives, by destroying their forests and poaching them we have reduced their populations to the extent that they are now endangered. They are still being used in experiments in laboratories, something that is now banned in most of Europe.

Since chimpanzees are intelligent beings with feelings much the same as ours, many argue that they should be given human rights. Some taxonomists even say that they should be placed in the human genus Homo, the same as us.
This photo was taken on a fantastic trip with @jambotours to Uganda. "

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

anil_t_prabhakar
Let me Help you? ; Once Humanity Dying in Mankind , sometime animals are guiding us back to our basics. https://youtu.be/nKkam3tfR3U

If you want to see the linked video, the circumstances of this photo are related here. Unfortunately I don't understand at all the spoken language.

3 users Like Spalea's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Anil_t_Prabhakar: " Let Me Clean My Drinking Water? One of the wise thought of Orangutan, most of our waterbodies are polluted by plastic and human waste, we human being must take care our water resources and avoid plastic to get better and clean world for tomorrow . "

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

About #484:

A video about this amazing fact in english:

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 02:23 PM by Dark Jaguar )

credits:  David Yarrow

Mountain Gorilla

4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

I find this photo very poignant...

Ronan Donovan: " The next generation of mountain gorillas looks like this little face. This not yet named 3-month-old rests in the comfort of its mother's arms. Surrounded by its family and protected by dedicated armed guards, this baby will have the greatest chance in the history of Volcanoes National Park of reaching adulthood. Thanks to the ardent work by the Rwandan government and the team at @savinggorillas #rwanda #mountaingorilla #volcanoesnationalpark #wildlife @natgeo @natgeocreative "

But this photo dates from 130 weeks, i.e. two years and half, (around september 2017). What did it happen then ?

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Ronan Donovan: " While many of us are used to the sight of a chimp eating a banana, it's not actually part of their natural diet. Bananas didn't even originate on the same continent where chimps live - Africa. Bananas are a Southeast Asia food that was brought to the Africa continent through trade in the last 2,000 years. This photo is of a wild male chimp, known as Araali to the researchers, belonging to the Bulindi chimpanzee, studied by Dr. McLennan (@bulindichimps), eating a banana in someone's garden in rural western Uganda. The second photo shows another male, named Jack, standing in a eucalyptus tree plantation (another noon native plant) and found a discarded bottle to play with. Not a good thing with how many diseases we share in common with chimps. Photo 3 shows the little strip of forest left where chimps live in this part of western Uganda. "

I don't know where I read that only 3% of the extant biomass are constituted by the wild one (plants and animals)... This third photo reminds me this sad reality.

The Panther Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 07:57 PM by The Panther )

Hey guys, I just got back to the site last night. If you've seen my post, you'll know that I recently came back from Zanzibar, so I didn't get the chance to post anything there. We went there to stay with relatives, but with all that's gone on we were kind of nervous about the decision, even though it was for family. Unfortunately I came back just to see everyone go crazy over toilet rolls, LOL, I swear it's like the world has turned upside down since I left.

Anyway, we're good, and I hope the rest of you are good too. Stay safe guys.
3 users Like The Panther's post

The Panther Offline

Huge mountain gorilla eating bark off a tree.

6 users Like The Panther's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Nelis Wolmarans: " Such truly incredible creatures. Another great memory from one of my safaris in the Democratic Republic of Congo, from @virunganationalpark "

5 users Like Spalea's post

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Nelis Wolmarans: " A face of someone who has seen it all... "

Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Thomas Vilayan: " I have an Angel watching over me and I call her Mom. "

The Panther Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-26-2020, 09:41 PM by The Panther )

Silverback Inshuti near the harsh alpine tundra around 12000 ft in altitude.

One thing I've noticed about mountain gorillas is despite already having long thick fur, their fur gets noticeably longer or shaggier when they're in the colder alpine tundra, so it's like "winter fur" pretty much. This shows just how adaptable they are, because it doesn't take long for their fur to react to a different altitude's climate.
3 users Like The Panther's post