There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Shishangeni male & pride today on s25
Credit: Daniel

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 12:55 PM by Brahim )

Casper & Brother - Young Shishangaans.
Satara, KNP. Credit: Aldie Storm

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/2 Shish male Xihamham in golden light
Photo credit: Garret

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

Casper and his brothers resting yesterday. 
Photo credit: Christo

5 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 12:23 AM by lionuk )

Unfortunately, there is no update on this Mopani male since he received treatment for horrific snare injuries. But that doesn't mean he has passed away. Just no confirmed sighting of him since. 

7 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-02-2021, 05:30 PM)lionuk Wrote: Just found out that one of the Mopani males has passed away, most likely the one who was caught in a snare. Very difficult to accept it- so sad! Source: EverseenSA

I guess he couldn't recover, so sad to see lion die because of humans..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-02-2021, 12:53 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Casper & Brother - Young Shishangaans.
Satara, KNP. Credit: Aldie Storm

Two good looking lions.
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2021, 09:34 PM by T I N O )

(10-02-2021, 05:30 PM)lionuk Wrote: Just found out that one of the Mopani males has passed away, most likely the one who was caught in a snare. Very difficult to accept it- so sad! Source: EverseenSA

Hi guys. Just to update, This news about Shimuwini/Mopani male has been taken out of context, There is no update about him since his first treatment. I have been talking with my great friend Charlie from @EverseenSA. The information  of the Mopani male isn't 100% confirmed yet, If not, just a rumour so far
Regards: Timbavati
5 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-02-2021, 09:11 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Hi guys. Just to update, This news about Shimuwini/Mopani male has been taken out of context, There is no update about him since his first treatment. I have been talking with my great friend Charlie from @EverseenSA. The information  of the Mopani male isn't 100% confirmed yet, If not, just a rumour so far

Well, his brothers where regulary seen, he was not seen with them since treatment..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Italy EverseenSA Offline

(10-02-2021, 09:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 09:11 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Hi guys. Just to update, This news about Shimuwini/Mopani male has been taken out of context, There is no update about him since his first treatment. I have been talking with my great friend Charlie from @EverseenSA. The information  of the Mopani male isn't 100% confirmed yet, If not, just a rumour so far

Well, his brothers where regulary seen, he was not seen with them since treatment..

Hi guys. Yes I have ONLY HEARD that one of the brothers has died. I have not confirmed it and sadly I cannot confirm it. I will however as soon as I can, I will update all of you. My mission remains the same to be one of the best sources out there.
8 users Like EverseenSA's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-02-2021, 10:07 PM)EverseenSA Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 09:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Hi guys. Yes I have ONLY HEARD that one of the brothers has died. I have not confirmed it and sadly I cannot confirm it. I will however as soon as I can, I will update all of you. My mission remains the same to be one of the best sources out there.
Thank you for your contribution my friend, It's greatly appreciated. The aim of WildFact is provide information of first hand, Therefore, I appreciated your help by clear up this information and avoid any confusion on a near future.
4 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(10-02-2021, 10:07 PM)EverseenSA Wrote: Hi guys. Yes I have ONLY HEARD that one of the brothers has died. I have not confirmed it and sadly I cannot confirm it. I will however as soon as I can, I will update all of you. My mission remains the same to be one of the best sources out there.
I first heard the news about the possible death of one of the Mopani Males on your youtube channel. Your content is incredible and your channel is one of the most informative platforms out there. So thank you for taking the time to always add info and timestamps on your footage. 
Been watching your channel since its inception, and it continues to improve & evolve thanks to your hard work.
6 users Like Mabingilane's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Casper - 1/4 Shishagaan young males seen near Satara - 18 Jul 2021. Mating with female, another female was with them. Was being closely followed by 2 other darker males which kept a reasonable distance.
Photo credits: Toni Schindler 

9 users Like T I N O's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2021, 03:20 PM by lionuk )

1/2 Shishangaan male Xihamham

10 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-03-2021, 02:24 PM)lionuk Wrote: 1/2 Shishangaan male Xihamham

Grumpy. He is still looking strong and healthy. With around 10+ still a force to be reckoned with
1 user Likes T I N O's post