There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 10:35 AM by Brahim )

1/2 Last Shishangeni
Credit: Colin Bindoff

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Last Vurhami Male this morning. Seen with 3 other lions ( prob lioness ) on S25.
Credit: Grunter

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Casper and girlfriend
Photo credits: Theo

*This image is copyright of its original author

11 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-26-2021, 10:34 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 2 of the 3 S28/Hippo males.

Was Vurhami male seen recently? I only see Mohawk and Hippo Pools in recent updates.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Haven’t seen other s28 Male since August.

The guy I am worried about is Lubyelubye son. My friend saw lubyelubye Father the last two days no sign of son. Also last week on giraffe kill no sign of son. Looking back I don’t think I have seen him since July
4 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-26-2021, 05:05 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Haven’t seen other s28 Male since August.

The guy I am worried about is Lubyelubye son. My friend saw lubyelubye Father the last two days no sign of son. Also last week on giraffe kill no sign of son. Looking back I don’t think I have seen him since July

Father is more often seen with the pride based of sightings , maybe he is somewhere with another pride/females.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Hope so
1 user Likes Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(09-26-2021, 05:28 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Father is more often seen with the pride based of sightings , maybe he is somewhere with another pride/females.
Actually, Lubyelubye son was seen recently with a female, mating sessions. I saw pictures of them and he looked well and resting. That prob explains for his absence. 
I'll try and find these pictures.
2 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Handsome Mo was spotted on the S25 in the early morning. He was with 2 lionesses.
Photo credits: S. Botha

6 users Like lionuk's post

United States Mohawk Offline

(09-07-2021, 10:41 PM)lionuk Wrote: Nsemani youngster. N. Matimba males' grandson. 
Photo credit: Big On Wild

I think all the Matimbas were still together when Nsemani Mbiri was born.  When is the "official" start of the N. Matimba/S. Matimba era?
1 user Likes Mohawk's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 09:07 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-26-2021, 09:01 PM)Mohawk Wrote: I think all the Matimbas were still together when Nsemani Mbiri was born.  When is the "official" start of the N. Matimba/S. Matimba era?

After 2013 they where not seen together anymore, even in 2013 they where rarely seen together.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(09-26-2021, 09:01 PM)Mohawk Wrote: When is the "official" start of the N. Matimba/S. Matimba era?
2013 after they took over Koppies pride. For some time before they were already spending great most of their time apart, but take over of Koppies pride is when the split withi a coalition bacame permament.
4 users Like Potato's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Great picture of Ngotso young males. The legacy of Blondie and Vuku is looking really bright. Although Blondie was not around (apparently on honeymoon with another female near Balule) Vuku was present. 

11 users Like lionuk's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-26-2021, 10:35 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 1/2 Last Shishangeni

How impressive.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Maputo male and Kumana male in front of Lebombo Lodge. It's incredible to see them being close friends now, which is great. 

12 users Like lionuk's post