There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your wildlife experience in India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-20-2018, 07:05 AM by Pckts )

Kanha:
Kanha is massive, hilly, lush and beautiful. The wildlife there is abundant, much more gaur and a ton of Barahsinga, sambar, boar, chital and more. The tigers I saw were very large and powerful.
The hilly terrain makes them strong, they are more powerfully built than the tigers I saw in Tadoba, pench tigers are also strong but I never got to see a prime male there but the female was powerful for sure.

*This image is copyright of its original author

You can ride elephant back if you want and out of no where this MASSIVE elephant comes strolling up the track, he was gigantic. A big cow came a little after, they had just spotted a tiger but we were never able to see it.

After two safaris through Mukki and Kanha, our spirits were low but still had hope then finally it happened, I got to see my first Male tiger up close and personal. He was roaring loud and deep, I had no idea how deep they actually could roar. We heard him roar then nothing then all of a sudden a sambar call and immediately this loud roar followed and then we spotted him...
The male is called Sangam and was spotted in the Sarhi zone, prior to him there was the Rhonda male and female seen mating there for a couple of days but no luck spotting them for us but we did spot Sangam

A huge bull Gaur we saw on the way out, he was gigantic!

Then on the final day I saw this massive female named Link 8, she's huge!

12 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
Your wildlife experience in India - Pckts - 04-29-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: Your wildlife experience in India - Pckts - 05-11-2017, 11:32 PM