There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your next favorite thing?

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2019, 05:46 AM by Polar )

01. Gadget (Mobile, drone, VR, GPS etc..)
I am on my phone plenty of times a day, although opposite of many youngsters regarding smartphones, I spend much more time on the desktop than the actual phone. I don't really care for latest technologies, I care more for personal passion (nature, exercising, entertaining others...).

02. Gaming (PC or mobile game)
I do this a lot. Still do so for my YouTube channel and I love it. I am not much into mainstream games (but will still play them, only a bit though), but I like smaller-scale, yet thoroughly-developed indie (especially horror!) games. Used to indulge in Call of Duty and Battlefield when I was a few years younger: now FPS's don't interest me as much, if at all. 

03. Movies, Super hero, WWE, Action, Music, Superman, batman, Ironman,  animation movies.
Used to like WWE, especially during the "Attitude Era" when the Rock was introduced! But ever since then WWE has gone downhill in my opinion. I liked both Star Wars and  Batman a lot when I was younger, and now I am more of a YouTube and Netflix person. Movies don't appeal to me as much as they used to. Love anime, though. Bleach was my number one back then with Naruto a close second. However, I like the newer, smaller-scale anime now such as Night Raid 1931, Darker Than Black, and Steins;Gate.

04. Football, Baseball, NBA, Cricket, any sport.
Always loved fighting and fought in my local ring for one-year-and-a-half: (I think I was born for it, who knows?), PRIDE, IFC/WVC (Igor Vovchanchyn!), and K-1 were all the golden age of MMA for me, and I hope RIZIN will bring the same pride (haha, get it?) back from its previous installment to this one. If I consider an extended MMA career in the future, then Fedor would've been my biggest inspiration. Not really interested in mainstream sports such as baseball, football, or soccer, but I will always watch the FIFA every time it comes on and, occasionally, both the Winter and Summer Olympics (sometimes).

05. Love to read about Trump, Sriya, terrorist, Putin vs Trump, China vs US, India vs Pakistan.
Sometimes, I might divulge into politics, assuming that I am not already hot-headed. I don't really like to think on the mass media scale (many false information and "agenda"-based strategies, rather than information for the sake of protection or enjoyment). Politics, most of the times, brings me into a state of disrepair (even thinking about it), so I barely get into politics. I respect the support of various issues including men's rights, environmental cleanup, and animal/habitat restoration, as well as the movement to limit technology growth. Bleak future with too much technology, and not enough personal harmony with each other.

06. Travel
I was a travel freak with my family when I was younger. My experiences have been profound, and I've learned more from visiting the natural world in those parks and countries than I did in the industrial/urban/rural centers of those countries. Many people go to countries to visit the well-known centers, but I am the exact opposite. I learn more from the nature than the people or customs around, which is unusual.

07. Food
The relationship I have with food is similar to the relationship that a bear has with food right before hibernation. I just gobble everything up I can find (while eliminating the excess calories, of course.)

08. Website creation, WordPress, themes and plugin, Website hosting
I will definitely create a website for my YouTube channel as it grows (I know HTML/CSS a bit) with the help of a co-developer, but that is quite in the future. I don't know about WordPress, though.

09. Startups businesses.
I am an aspiring YouTuber, if that can be considered a business on its own. Unfortunately, though, I will become a "wage slave" to my profession for a few years after I graduate with my B.S.E degree. I should consider freelancing, merchandise stores, and other startups mainly based on my YouTube channel. My main financial goal for life (regardless of circumstances) is to make my self-employment/business income over-exceed the income I earn from the job.

10. online shopping, amazon, ebay  etc.
Almost never. I almost always go to the local store: more reliable, less chance of getting scammed, like getting my ass up and actually getting things (it feels more natural). Basically, online shopping (or anything that requires an excessive use of technology) feels quite fake to me.
4 users Like Polar's post

Messages In This Thread
What is your next favorite thing? - sanjay - 04-11-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: What is your next favorite thing? - Polar - 04-11-2017, 02:18 AM