There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Where is the biggest bengal tigers?

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

@Ashutosh 

"and there are lots of people who say otherwise."

Which people and are they as qualified as the one's I've posted. Meaning have they seen both cats numerous times and from close proximity?

"More importantly, very few saw Bheem in his prime with a cut on his nose which is post 2018 when he is already 10+ years old. Bheem was called “road barabar male” or a male who measures the breadth of the road by guides. So, most definitely longer than Uma."

This photographer saw Bheem just about in his prime so that's not an excuse

And Bheem certainly hasn't shown any length differences between himself and Uma, in fact most large males take up most of the road width. 

"As for muscle density, early Bheem pictures (2014-16) clearly show his musculature. A 10+ year old Bheem put down 5.5 year old Pannalal. "

Bheem doesn't have near the musculature that Uma has and he never has. In fact use him vs Jobhi as a perfect example. It was Jobhi how was the more muscularly dense Tiger,  Bheem was just a little larger in frame dimensions.

"Uma isn’t a tall tiger and that’s why all his attributes seem enhanced. Bheem on the other hand was exceptionally tall. Just look at him towering over Jobhi. Uma wasn’t even taller than Jamuntola male."

Uma certainly is a tall Tiger, I'm not sure where you got that claim from. 

And I think you need to watch the Bheem vs Jobhi video again, their size difference is minimal and in terms of weight they're extremely close.
https://i.imgur.com/M7IEzXa.jpg

In regards to Uma v Jamuntola, Uma was taller and heavier, it's obvious in the videos and photo's.
Not to mention, another of my friends saw Matkasur, then Bamera son then CM. Back to back to back, he's well known here, and he said CM was quite a bit larger than both while Bamera son was larger than Matkasur. And we all saw how much larger Uma was than CM who's a massive Tiger in his own right. 

"If you want to compare Uma to someone, how about Tarzan? Both born in 2009. Tarzan was in a different league to Uma altogether."

Tarzan is absolutely smaller than Uma, this is confirmed by numerous photographers who've seen both. I heard it straight from the horses mouth when I was there actually. Tarzan was definitely top notch in Pench but he wasn't as large as the Kanha big boys. In fact, the Sangam male was said to be as large if not larger than Tarzan just so you know. Tigers like BMW, Ryakassi and Handsome were not near Sangams size either. 

"And, there is no evidence about Kanha producing bigger cats. One of the largest tigers ever recorded came from Palamau Tiger Reserve, which is more akin to Bandhavgarh than Kanha."

Of course there is, as of now the heaviest cat *scientifically*  on record came from Kanha and the largest male average comes from Kanha. 

And Bandhavgarh is half the size of Kanha at best with half the Tigers and less big prey. There's nothing there that is going to attribute to a larger cat. 

"Yes, this giant was shot in Hazaribagh near Palamu Tiger Reserve which IS NOT a sal forest."

Branders monster Tiger was shot in a Sal forest and he's larger than this cat so I'm not sure the point? 

On top of the fact that numerous hunters and researchers have said the same with plenty of experience in both forests and it's also repeated by modern naturalists today. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is the biggest bengal tigers? - Pckts - 01-25-2022, 11:55 PM