There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The strongest bites in the animal kingdom

LonePredator Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 08:54 PM by LonePredator )

(05-16-2022, 08:35 PM)Wrapp Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 08:01 PM)LonePredator Wrote: If length gets increased by 2 times then the surface area will increase by 2^2 times and the volume will increase by 2^3 times while you are claiming some weird decimal proportion.

You are making me laugh again and again! Say that you dont get what is being done! I showed this guy with the exact same methodology and this guy beats around the bush for no reason.
Do you have any idea on what you are doing? You are adjusting the jaguar's weight (volume in this case) to double and then seeing at what bite force value you get form it.
Just the same. Adjusting the volume of the cuboid to two times keeping the proportions the same and seeing the surface area you get after it. Do you understand what this means? Are you blinded seeing the decimals? Then say that! Dont say its wrong.

We are having the parametre of the volume. That is the thing to what we must scale first. You are gonna scale the jaguar to the twice its weight first, and only then you are gonna measure/ assume the length or surface area of it whcih you will get as a result after scaling the weight to two times isometrically. Just like that length and the surface area of that new cuboid is something we measure/assume from after sacling it to twice the volume first. Its the result, not your given parametres, man! Yo! This is getting real funny! Look at how you think!

(05-16-2022, 08:01 PM)LonePredator Wrote: And why did you ignore the whole thing I said? The square cube law says the EXACT opposite of what you said. How will you justify that now? I can see that you carefully avoided that whole topic because it proved that you don’t even understand high school level physics. Please explain yourself first before trying to correct me

I dont know how to make you hear my laughter! Nothing to say!

(05-16-2022, 08:26 PM)LonePredator Wrote: Let me make it a little more easier for you to understand with an example. AND READ CAREFULLY.

Let’s assume we have a cube and it’s length is 2cm on all edges so it’s volume will come out to be 8cm^3

Now let’s increase the lengths by 2 times then the new lengths would be 4cm on all edges and now the new volume will become 2^3 times the previous volume.

i.e. 8x2^3=64

And now for the SURFACE AREA. The surface area of the first cube was 6a^2 i.e. 24cm^2 and now the new surface area will increase by 2^2 times i.e. 24x2^2=96 and you can verify by foruma, the new surface area of the new cube is indeed 96cm^2

Now since the cube increased by x^3 times. i.e. 64/8=8 times (new volume/old volume) then the surface area would increase by 8^2/3 times  i.e. 4 times.

And indeed, 96/24=4 so indeed the surface area did increase by 4 times.

That is enough to explain a high school student. If you can’t understand THIS then you really need to study high school maths.

You are caught red handed now. This is what I wanted from you! Just this!

What exactly are you doing here? Any idea, my friend?

Are you scaling the jaguar to double its volume and then finding the bite force of it, or are you scaling the other parametres such as the length and the surface area and finding the volume which will result from it? Make it clear to yourself first on what you are doing!

I didnt expect that I have to say all this in such a detail to someone like you!

JUST READ THE POST ABOVE. I increased the volume of the cube by x^3 times i.e. 8 times and the surface area automatically increased by x^2 (8^2/3) times i.e. 4 times.

NOW CORRECT THIS (warning: if you try, you’ll end up embarrassing yourself a lot more)

The same thing happens with the Jaguar which increases in volume by 2 times so it’s surface area increased by 2^2/3 times (assuming same proportions as before)

Tell me the truth, how old are you? Are you in high school? AND ONCE AGAIN YOU AVOIDED THE WHOLE THING. WHAT IS YOUR JUSTIFICATION FOR THE STATEMENT YOU MADE WHICH WAS THE OPPOSITE OF THE SQUARE CUBE LAW If you are not a liar then address it first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - LonePredator - 05-16-2022, 08:43 PM