There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The strongest bites in the animal kingdom

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 08:42 PM by Pckts )

(04-28-2022, 08:10 PM)LonePredator Wrote: @Pckts And you said that Jaguars are the most dense cats which is most likely false. Tigers and Jaguars should be nearly equally dense.

Just because Jaguars are proportionally shorter does not mean Jaguars are denser. Jaguars have a proportionally big belly and big chest (in volume)

While Sumatran Tigers have taller and bulkier legs so they have bigger limbs (in volume)

So both are dense but in different places. Never mind, you are free to disagree and I don’t mean any offense to you but I don’t agree with the claim that ‘jaguars are pound for pound strongest’. It is true in theory but practically, that is not how it should work.

You keep saying to Isometrically scale them but you’re not factoring in the differences in their morphology between the two cats. *not proven yet* But I think tigers Grow longer and taller than a Jaguar at equal weights. Jaguars seem to support larger weights with smaller bodies compared to Tigers. No matter how you extrapolate it, a Jaguar at equal weights should generally be a bit shorter in length and height while thicker in chest and abdominal. Neck and limbs are unknown, I certainly won’t put a Tigers forelimb ahead of the Jaguars just yet, I need to see real data on that. Skull size and weight to body size needs to be determined for both before extrapolation as well. 

I’ll see what I can find on skull size tomorrow but if you want to look, check the Java Tiger thread on page 4, you’ll see some good skulls to get started then look at Almeidas skulls for comparison.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The strongest bites in the animal kingdom - Pckts - 04-28-2022, 08:36 PM