There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which are stronger pound for pound Herbivores or Carnivores?

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

(11-17-2017, 01:01 PM)parvez Wrote: Can I say the gaur was no way 2000 pounds it was almost 2000 kgs. An average jungle man can pull around 150 kgs of carcass in woods with not much of difficulty. 13 jungle men could not move the carcass AT ALL. So the tiger was exceptionally large not an average one. It had easily the power of more than 13 men. The gaur was easily 13*150= 1950 kgs. U are clearly underestimating the strength of tiger as heck. Those are clearly measured quantities.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there was ever a gaur that weighed near 2000-kg. I think the highest was just over 1500-kg maximum. So, either that account is somehow falsified or the gaur is normal-sized. I don't think any average jungle man can pull 150-kg (that's kind of exceptional), maybe more like 100-kg maximum just like a stronger human male in an urban setting.

It didn't mention what type of ground the gaur was being dragged upon: uphill, downhill, or perfectly flat? It should take about 11-12 strong-enough men to begin to budge it. The tigress portrayed from @peter's post dragged the buffalo through flat ground.

When did I underestimate the strength of the tiger? A tiger as strong as the "traction power" of 30 men should be able to keep 30 men from dragging the tiger with them, for a certain period of time. I don't agree with that statement Just the basic laws of physics. With just jaws, I think both the tiger and bear (400-500 pounds) are about 12-15 men strong. With arms, maybe it is much more. But for the sake of how carnivores naturally use their bodies, we can just assume that they are dragging with just their jaws.
2 users Like Polar's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which are stronger pound for pound Herbivores or Carnivores? - Polar - 11-17-2017, 02:03 PM