There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Wild Lions

Egypt Mohaned Offline
New Join

(03-23-2023, 12:52 PM)peter Wrote:
(03-23-2023, 12:41 AM)AndresVida Wrote: What is happening here? Why was LandSeaLion banned out of nowhere without giving any proper logical explanations for it?

VIDA

It's quite likely you was aware of the last two posts of 'Charger' in this thread. The two posts that were deleted, I mean. Both posts were all but unreadable for members and readers visiting this thread. Members interested in new contributions about the weight and length of free ranging lions, that is.

I was one of them. After reading the last two posts, I decided to respond. In post 626 of this thread, I told 'Charger' why his contributions were considered below par. You know 'Charger' reacted in a way that left no doubt as to his opinion. In his response, he used colours to underline the remarks in my post (post 626) and stripes to let me know the criticism had been dismissed.   

Your pal 'Land and Sea' immediately supported him. He told me they were just having a friendly conversation. As I apparently wasn't aware of that discussion, I had jumped to conclusions. 

So what do we have? We have one (former) member telling me to take a leak somewhere else and another telling me to follow a course in reading. It resulted in two permanent bans. 

As to your remark (" ... without giving any proper logical explanations for it ... "). There are so many reasons, I wouldn't know where to start, but I'll give it a try anyhow. 

Wildfact is a quality forum that offers reliable information about those making their home in the natural world. In order to get there, we decided for a few rules. Forumrulewise, the contributions of 'Charger' didn't qualify. Contentwise, they were below par as well. Interactionwise, it wasn't any different. Same for your pal. What both were saying is they were just having a friendly private discussion on a public forum. They used it, because it suited them. And the thousands visiting the thread because they're interested in 'Modern weights and measurements of wild lions'? Too bad. Maybe they could follow a course in reading? 

After we were done deciding, you popped up telling me your pal was " ... banned out of nowhere without ... proper ... reasons ... " (from your post). Well Mr. Vida, looking at the forum rules, the conclusion is he was banned for the proper reasons.

All in all, I'd say we're quite done with members deliberately ignoring the forum rules, doing as they please, crying murder when addressed and insulting those applying the rules. This is not the first time you question a decision, is it? The first ban was lifted when you said you would never do it again. Unfortunately, you just couldn't resist the urge to do it one more time. Meaning the time has arrived to join another forum. In order to encourage you, we decided for another ban. This time, it's a permanent ban.
Sorry I know this is of topic but may you tell me the average timbavati,ocavongo,nogorongo and SA lions because from what I’ve gathered study’s I have only cover SA and East African lions. East African lions size at (189 kg) and South African (200-206kg) and crater and nogorongo I have yet to have a valid size chart but my estimates put them at (210-230kg). I know this isn’t in this topic but. My estimates put cape lion at (220-260kg) and Barbary (180-230kg). Sorry if I don’t know much first time getting on this app and I also apologise if my English is not the best. If you have the time may you correct my statemtms if they are wrong. Sorry for bothering you or wasting your time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern Weights and Measurements of Wild Lions - Mohaned - 08-13-2023, 06:59 AM