There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Jaguars

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-03-2019, 01:02 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 03:33 PM)Luipaard Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 01:16 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 12:48 AM)Pckts Wrote: That average is from Almeida, we have correspondence with Rafeal and Fernando from Panthera that quotes there average at 100kg but the fact is, you can look through the recent weights with many well over 119kg mark that will raise those averages quite a bit.
Almeida never weighed any above 119kg now we have verified weights of quite a few 130kg and over and I know first hand that the Panatanal has at least 2-3 in the meetings of 3 rivers that are larger than Adriano.
Adriano was told to me that he was 130kg but Fernando wasn't with Panthera when he wwas weighed and Paulo said panthera told him in the past that Adriano was 158kg, I prefer to use the 130kg mark just to be safe. 
Even if you use Almeidas mark, Almeida himself knew of a couple that he thought were 130kg at least and with skull measurements of 22" or more total score.
Adriano's weight is still a mistery right hahahah

I think the average weight from Almeida times should stick to the past, after so many giants ones nowadays right? and also more prey variety too. 

So I would say (just to be safe) 110/115kg male and 80kg female.

but I am not gonna lie, it still triggers me when they say in the VS debates ''a male from pantanal averages 94/96kg so bla,bla,bla'' 

Wikipedia needs an update right now  Funny

They'll still average around 100 to 110kg though. A jaguar above 120kg is considered a big male so I doubt they'll average 115kg.

Fantasma male 120/125 at old age, Felino male 110 at just 5 years, Monteiro male 115, Sombra 135, Sossego 133/138, Hero big male I am sure he is over 125kg easily and alot more I have no time to name all the ones I know at moment. (without mention the unknown ones).

Jaguars nowadays are not like the ones from the times when they were almost hunted to extinction like 30/40 years ago when even their preys were hunted not allowing them to grow at their full potential like today we have projects to save the species conservationists, deals with farmers to allow jaguars to feed on a certain portion of their cattles cause jags brings tourists to the area there's also increase in population of caimans and other sources of preys so if you think a 120kg male pantanal jag is big... welcome to the pantanal cause thats what they are, they're big.

Shaka 132kg
Scare 115kg
Ounce 130kg
Brutus 130kg *most likely*
Adriano 130kg
148kg record jag empty

ones above added to the ones I listed
Fantasma 120kg
Felino 110kg
Monteiro 115kg
Sombra 135kg'
Sossego 133kg