There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Jaguars

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-13-2021, 11:24 AM by Dark Jaguar )

@Balam

Thats interesting news and you better keep that contact NO MATTER WHAT lol.

Joker is a Lioness sized felid and one more proof for those who still doubt (there are many) that jags attain Tigress and Lioness sizes.

From that comparison angle of Lopez, Joker and Slamet I see Lopez is the emptiest cat from the 3 and I don't freaking care someone coming up here saying about the small 2-3 kg bait used when the same could've been used for Joker and Slamet. And Even if baits weren't used for the other 2, Lopez seems the emptiest cat out of the 3.

your quote
''She told me that the first time they captured Joker it was very cold and they were trying to hurry because he was waking up from the anesthesia so she isn't sure that the measurements were taken with complete accuracy''

Joker's measure are starting to become a puzzle in my head.

Also Robusto measurements shall be our main next target.

I am glad Felino is really back, I recall him young back in the days when onçafari used to post dynamic videos on youtube about each individual, he was so young and still with his sister Felina and I wonder where she is now.

@Pckts

Since you are talking to him in this moment about Joker don't let it pass the chance of getting his head circumference (and Shaka's if possible) measures.

Anyways Nice info on Robusto possessing a certain amount of fat in his blood, but regardless I think his measures will definitely be very competitive to our jaguars Pita, Tel, Zezão, Joker, Shaka and others, my bet is that Girth-Wise he could be one of the top ones rivaling Pita and Joker, but we'll see if we're lucky.

Lilian is present in many (if not all) jaguar capture by onçafari, and I think she is the Head of taking the measurements (I only hoped she took straight lines measurements) she can be a good source of infos for us.

About Lopez, as Balam explained Rafael Hoogesteijn told me Sandra Cavalcanti is the only one who possesses Lopez measurements and nobody else.

One more thing, from this picture bellow of Robusto taken by Joares May, its is PROBABLY taken after his capture since he looks with stomach content like you were informed he was on his capture, I recall a description of Joares May bellow this pic saying Robusto was one of the largest jaguars he ever captured (he was the one who captured Tel with Tortato though) but I am not sure if the pic bellow is right after he woke up from sedation, if you note Robusto's head is so big we can't even see if he got a collar or not.

Robusto ( His name ''Robust'' does justice to what he is, no matter the fat level in his blood, this dude is a tank )

*This image is copyright of its original author

I also think It will be more rare seeing many many pics of him and Joker since from what its known about their current dynamics at Caiman and from the little they've been showing Tupã male alongside Magrão (skinny) are the dominant males in the area at moment who covers most of it and Tupã even got territory outside Fazenda Caiman, we gotta give credits to these 2 small dominant jags, they are beasts.

To wrap it up yesterday I sent a message to Sandra Cavalcanti herself to see if I can get those God damn measurements of Lopez. I really hooooope Sandra Cavalcanti isn't a female version of Leandro Silveira lol because if she is.... Lopez measures will be a goner for good.
4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern Weights and Measurements of Jaguars - Dark Jaguar - 03-13-2021, 11:17 AM