There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Leopards

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-14-2022, 04:35 PM)JUJOMORE Wrote: Reviewing this topic, I have seen that there was two post by Pkts and Luipaard on page 5 about a leopard hunted by Carlo Caldesi in which there were some doubts about the weight of the animal. Well, in the book "Africa Safaris", Editorial Olivo, 1990, notable hunters write about some African species. The leopard chapter is written by Carlo Caldesi, on page 690, he says the following:

“..He lives at ease in the mountains, and I, on Mount Kenya, at 3,500 m. altitude, one day I was lucky enough to kill my largest leopard, a magnificent specimen weighing 90 kg, with which my professional hunter, Fred Bartlett, one of the best men I have ever had the chance to hunt with, won the prize for best trophy achieved in the year by a client of the East Africa Hunter Association guide.”

So, we now have confirmation from the hunter himself.

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
My quote is from Fred himself and the book, it was an estimate. But he’s fully capable of making such a claim and it holding weight so I don’t doubt the leopard was close to his size claimed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern Weights and Measurements of Leopards - Pckts - 12-14-2022, 07:44 PM