There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Modern Weights and Measurements of Leopards

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-11-2021, 11:49 PM by Pckts )

(02-11-2021, 11:29 PM)LoveAnimals Wrote: Yea I'm perfectly aware of how to measure the shoulder height but please can you tell me what the abbreviation HBL means? English is not my mother language so I don't understand it's meaning ?
Thanks for the length estimation, can you also estimate the shoulder heigh of the 103 kg leopard? I think up to 80+ cm
By the way, as sources for shoulder heights in my comparisons below

*This image is copyright of its original author

I used for leopard’s max height (86 cm) a post in this exact thread, you know this site better than me. Bottom of the second page (note how my battery is dying xd)

But that's the maximum height recorded, the average is from 66 to 80 cm
And for jaguars’ max height 90 cm I used what Wikipedia claims

But as I say in the comparison, jaguars normally range 55–81 cm for females and males.
Do you think I should post a size comparison of Polar bear vs Kodiak bear in Bear Size ~ thread? I want to share my “works”.
HBL= Head, Body length.
TBL = Total Body length *tail included*

I’ll take a look next week and get back to you when I have more time.

There is also a Bear size thread if you search it, it should pop up.
Anything Bear related would fit best there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern Weights and Measurements of Leopards - Pckts - 02-11-2021, 11:49 PM