There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

(08-30-2022, 08:45 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:
(08-29-2022, 11:13 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 01:26 PM)strongmanw7 Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 02:40 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(08-26-2022, 02:14 AM)strongmanw7 Wrote:
(08-24-2022, 12:30 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 06:09 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:
(07-21-2022, 10:51 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:
Quote:We know for sure some of these tigers were weighed and reliable. But for others, you have to provide sources from where you get this. So that others can cross verify that. I am fairly certain that T24 weight from wikipedia is false. Yet, some people continue to use false weights. Few other weights are based on guesswork. Onus is upon you for the sake of truthfulness and clarity.

I never knew T24 had a page dedicated to him on wikipedia so i went and looked. how is it false? Ustaad weighed 240kg as a 3.5 year old male in 2009. are you telling me, the same male can’t reach 18 kilograms during his prime age. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRTd9Jlnfj8 height of the cage is usually 4ft (as i have enquired). how tall is this kaziranga guy ? , it can't stand properly in 4ft tall cage . this male is said to be 250kilos from kaziranga as said by reliable people .

back in the days, this male made headlines all over the original ava forums and other online platforms. no doubt, he had some impressive dimensions and he wasn’t the only one. a wounded male from Orang NP from almost a decade ago also showed some exceptional dimensions.

*This image is copyright of its original author

from the tip of the nose to the end of his tail. many predicted that this tiger could’ve easily compared with the Sauraha male of Nepal. unfortunately no measurements were even taken and he wasn’t weighed either. he was found in a terrible condition and after attempts to save him. he succumbed to his injuries. this was also a blast from the past. one of the original tiger that sparked many people’s interest regarding the sizes of Assam tigers. 

mirror image of the same male next to Sauraha male, i’ll be honest. i find picture comparisons to be bogus majority of the time. however, there are certain things that your eyes can’t unsee and in this tiger’s case. his overall length and massive frame were exceptional to say the least. it’s no surprise that he has turned up in a lot of discussions over the years. 

i’ll do a part two about the cages, gotta catch up on some sleep. i’ll try to post tomorrow or sometime this week.
how tall are these cages , they look close to 4ft approx . while lying down that sunderkhal maneater tiger looked bigger than both of these two sauraha and assam  male .

That fence no doubt is close to 4' but this one, which is the one they're talking about is most likely smaller

Best guess would be to assume the squares are close to 2'' then count how many there are.
Unfortunately it's a little blurry but I get around 15 and there is some metal above and beneath them so my estimation would be around 36'' tall for that cage.

the cage looks at the chest level at many angles , bro with respect i think 36 inch is too low, i think its 42 to 45 inches . could be 48 inces .

you’re right, most of the tiger squeeze/trap cages are around 42 inches in height. i suspect some of the cages being used in the North could be upto 4 feet in height. more confirmation is needed.

http://www.mpsfri.org/files/86_TB.pdf

page 5 (MP transport cage requirements)

https://cza.nic.in/uploads/documents/publications/english/TRANSPORT%208.1.2008.pdf

more or less the same information, 105cm height seems to be the minimum accepted requirement in Central India and visibly from what i have seen in Dudhwa/Pilibhit. some of those cages may be up to 4 feet in height. more confirmation is needed.

this Dudhwa male tiger apparently weighed 250kg when first caught, he was mistakenly caught in the trap and held captive for a few days before he was set-free. i watched the video of this event and tried comparing the cage with the MP based requirements and these cages seem longer in height than what is approved in Central India. my best guess is 4 feet in height and these are the XL cages with wheels for easy transport.

seems like the same transport cage with wheels, clearly the standing height of this cage is more than 3.5 feet. my guess is 4.2 - 4.4 feet in height with the wheels. i did further research on the vendor of these cages and seems like they supplied Pilibhit tiger reserve. here is a different cage by them (smaller trap cage used for Leopards and Tigers. (below)

QSI is one of the known vendors that have supplied Pilibhit forest department with cages. i saw this cage on sale at Indiamart. unfortunately i can’t message the vendor for measurements since i’m outside of India and you would have to be a local to sign up. if someone is really interested, by all means. 

same 250kg male in his trap cage 

same male - based on the surrounding. cage is visibly taller in height than those approved in MP with height requirements of 105cm. my best guess is 4 feet standing height.

here is thunder male in one of the smaller squeeze cages, this cage seems smaller in height compared to the one where the 250kg tiger was kept. 

Thunder male getting out of the cage, he could barely fit in that cage.

thunder male could be biggest ever measured tiger , i guess . that 250kg  kaziranga male should be in 3.5 ft cage i think .

the Kaziranga male’s cage is a squeeze cage so indeed, the height of the cage is usually limited to 3.5 ft. most male tigers usually won’t be able to stand up properly under any circumstances. also, i find thunder to be biggest male. 

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-the-terai-tiger?page=59

post #877 by @Ashutosh 

(if it directs you to insta, just go through the slides)

that bulk is hard to beat, this easily makes him the biggest tiger i have seen all of 2022.

Messages In This Thread
[email protected] - Pantherinae - 03-24-2022, 01:42 AM
about the tiger - Tiger898 - 06-02-2022, 03:20 PM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 07-24-2022, 12:19 AM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 08-29-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Roflcopters - 08-30-2022, 09:30 PM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 08-31-2022, 12:36 PM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 09-01-2022, 12:11 AM
RE: The Sunderban Tiger - Rishi - 10-27-2017, 04:05 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 06-20-2018, 09:33 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 06-20-2018, 10:05 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 06-20-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Pantherinae - 06-21-2018, 07:37 AM
RE: Bigcats News - Spalea - 06-21-2018, 10:53 AM
RE: Bigcats News - Pantherinae - 06-21-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Spalea - 06-21-2018, 06:20 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Pantherinae - 06-21-2018, 06:35 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Spalea - 06-21-2018, 07:13 PM