There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Asiatic Lion - Data, Pictures & Videos

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 01:49 AM by Wolverine )

(01-15-2018, 10:58 PM)parvez Wrote: @Rishi can you figure out the cause of dullness or not charging humans on foot behavior of Asiatic or Indian lions? It is somewhat mysterious I can give light to tiger questions not lions lol.

I am not Rishi of course but will try to give you my opinion on this very important question.
India has always been called by foreigners "the Land of the Wonders" and continue to be till now in some degree. I have personally seen two huge male Gir lions passing only 8-10 meters from me when I walked alone in the forest, they not only didn't show any interest towards me but even didn't turn their eyes towards as I didn't even exist at all. Of course I was so frightened  that climbed on a tree but there was no need of it. If we search more rational explanation of that behaviour, probably could say that this is adaptation of Indian lions to habitat crowded of people, since several decades Indian lions are surrounded by human crowds (the dencity of human population is ten times higher than in Africa) and they somehow realised that they should not touch the people otherwise that is gonna be a death penalty for them. Indian lions become somehow smarter and wiser and turned to a kind of semi-urbanistic animals as black bears and coyotes in North America who are walking on the streets of the cities. That is very promising for their future conservation. In same time we have to admit that recently there were a several cases of man-eating among Indian lions true as a rule this are exceptional cases.
Probably Rishi could add add something on this topic.
@parvez if its not a secret from what Indian state are you from?
7 users Like Wolverine's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asiatic Lions - Data, Pictures and Videos - Wolverine - 01-16-2018, 01:45 AM
RE: Photographs of wild lions - Apollo - 04-22-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - sanjay - 07-12-2014, 10:41 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Apollo - 11-27-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Pantherinae - 12-19-2014, 02:14 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Pantherinae - 06-04-2015, 04:43 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Rishi - 03-24-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Rishi - 04-12-2017, 09:06 AM
RE: Best Manes - Rishi - 02-23-2019, 04:23 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Rishi - 10-17-2019, 08:28 AM