There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About methods, measurements, errors, baits and the art of debating

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 02:38 AM by Pckts )

Since I am still in contact with both Warsaw and Waveriders atm and we are specifically debating about this very topic, I will add my 2 cents and ask your opinion.

This debate actually started when I showed the comparison table made by Guate in regards to the Amur to the Russian Bear.
Warsaw then went on to claim the amurs were measured over the curves.
This is where I think a bit of an agenda took place, because when bringing the topic up that the bears were most likely measured over the curves as well and the fact that their curves are far more pronounced than the tigers which would add even more length he never really responded to that. From that debate it went on to if infact the STP report tigers used on the Amur table were measured over the curves or in a straight line. Since the report quoted the Nowell & Jackson method of measuring in straight line, that is why it was used.
Warsaw began to make assumptions based of one image from a STP report that had nothing to do with the scientists whos tigers were used for the table and the report never once stated anything in regards to measuring over the curves. I showed the large male who is being measured while lying on his back and that was neglected by him and not discussed.
It then spiraled into Bengals and he began to claim that Sunquist tigers were measured over the curves like Karanth's tigers.
I showed the emails from Sunquist specifically stating he measured them in a straight line and warsaw tries to claim that Karanth's tigers are the same as Sunquists tigers.

On waverider, he then joined the debate later, the only issue is the dismissal of emails from Sunquist then his claim of emails received from the stp report as proof, but he has yet to provide any such emails, so the claims without evidence is the real issue I see, especially since these claims would allegedly back his and Warsaws argument while dismissing evidence via email that would be detrimental to his argument.

Those are the issues I had with them, but that being said,
Both are very knowledgeable and I enjoy discussing this with them.

I've posed this question before, but I will ask again

If anybody here has conclusive evidence on the following topics

-How was the STP tigers measured that were used in Guates tables?
-How did Sunquist measure his tigers compared to Karanth?
-Did sunquist and karanth measure the same tigers?

I think that is it
2 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: About methods, measurements, errors, baits and the art of debating - Pckts - 09-09-2015, 02:21 AM