There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Male tiger ustaad T-24 killed forest gaurd in Ranthambore

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 05-21-2015, 09:34 AM by GuateGojira )

I don´t agree. Like I told you, I can go and take thousands of pictures to wild jaguars in my country, but still I will not be an expert and this is because I am only able to see a small glimpse of the life of these animals and not the full context of the daily life time, that can be understand only trough long therm studies.

Also, tigers are very secretive animals and even IF those guys are "20" days in the wild, they are able to see only small parts of they daily activity, mostly in the day and for a few seconds. In this form, is not possible to see the entire panorama, again it is important to understand the difference between "qualitative data" and "quantitative data". I have repeated this many times, I am surprise that no one have discussed the differences between these two concepts.

Sanjay, you focused in "measurements", but I am stating about "behavior". Scientists have found that tigers are not "tigers" per se, they can't be classified in the popular cliches. Even in the India, the behavior, social and territorial relationships are different depending of the habitat and prey levels, but this has been found trough a large collection of data in long therm studies. A few photographs without the correct "context" can't explain this phenomenon.

I will always support Scientists, because you need education, time, passion and great efforts to became one of them. Like a professional, I support the academic effort overall. On the other side, what authority can have a guy with an ability (pictures) against a well trained and studied person, specially when they know the modern literature available and contact colleges in the field? An artist is not the same than an Architect, if you know what I mean.

Well, I think that I have gone to far. Forget this issue, continue with the case of Ustad.

3 users Like GuateGojira's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Male tiger ustaad T-24 killed forest gaurd in Ranthambore - GuateGojira - 05-21-2015, 09:33 AM