There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Italy Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@Skybed:

About #415: I don't want to get a point. I only ask myself a question "Where is the real nature now ?" when we say "Let us the nature take its course" (@Polar in #411).

If we let the nature take its own course as you say in #415 without any human intervention, the lions, being evolved and adaptable predator, will proliferate. not one doubt above, about that. Blackie would be dead but the lions would proliferate. But now we are living in a men' world where everywhere the wild life is decimated except into some restricted areas called parks. Inside these parks the rules have changed. Some very efficient vets are able to give a second life to a seriously wounded lion, Blackie, because this is a beautiful male, and because every male lion's life is precious. When in was in Kenya during the 1989 autumn, it was told that every male lion during his life (10 years) brought 500.000 dollars in money to the state, Kenya in this case. (I don't know how this number was determined, I suppose it tooks into account the number of tourists and photos of every lion which are taken, perhaps the number of kilometers covered to admire this one beast...). Things should not have changed since...

In this particular context, wildlife is protected, Blackie's life was saved. But this particular context is not the real nature. The tourists are a dominant element, and indirectly thank to these tourists we can say that some very efficient vets teams can operate.

I don't want to state if it is good or not even if I am happy for Blackie. Without human intervention wild nature would proliferate, but the human specy were not as numerous and dominant as now. It would be very good (for the health of the planet).

Even if we would not look at all these beautiful photos in front of our computers...
4 users Like Spalea's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Spalea - 10-20-2016, 04:32 PM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-11-2017, 09:17 AM
RIP Sikio - BigLion39 - 02-16-2021, 04:17 AM
LyonLover - LyonLover - 03-26-2024, 04:20 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Sideliner - 02-11-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: The Birmingham Males - Tshokwane - 07-03-2017, 05:11 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Pckts - 07-14-2018, 03:10 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Pckts - 07-24-2018, 08:51 PM