There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-28-2020, 05:52 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 02:03 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 01:35 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 12:57 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Recent sighting from yesterday of Lolparpit
Information by: Jackie Downey: Here is a better shot of poor Lolparpit from yesterday. 
Olbanoti may be in trouble as some Moniko breakaways are moving in on the Enkoyani girls!!
Image by: Jackie Downey - Maasai Mara,26/10/2020.

*This image is copyright of its original author

That is heartbreaking to look at. Wow! But, like the legend he is, he's hanging tough.
I couldn't be more agree. In my personal feeling is really sad see Lolparpit on this shape as well. However he don't give up! A true spirit of a old warrior... Him will demise sooner or later but when ourself loves so much to something is especially is hard to accept it... Probably he is suffering this fate by his injuries on his legs caused by hyenas and not especially by his old age... Nonetheless he is part of the nature and being honest Lolparpit among others are really fortunate to born in Maasai mara where the lions are treated by vets on any situation. 
meanwhile are  different rules in KNP and Greater Kruger.

My friend, you are correct. It is very sad that it is the animals who are responsible for bringing the money to that region surrounding Kruger, and they do not provide them with veterinary care. Yet, I understand both sides of the debate, as you want to leave nature to do what nature does, without our interference. It is a tough situation. I believe the animals in most of Sabi Sands receive some level of vet care as well, if I'm not mistaken. Or do they fall under the same rules that apply to Kruger?
Sabi Sands as Timbavati and Klaserie (Greater Kruger National Park) fall under the rules of the Kruger. They can't interference on the wildlife if that wasn't caused by humans ... Really sad at some points because if they will helps their lions on Sabi Sands also helps on the bloodline and increases the lions on the area from that way,The tourist will show an interest on their reserve and that means more $ to help their animals on the park. However that 's can harm hurts to the old male lions as Hairy Belly or aging lions as the Gowrie males.
This is just my humble opinion
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Messages In This Thread
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-11-2017, 09:17 AM
RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Timbavati - 10-28-2020, 06:07 PM
RIP Sikio - BigLion39 - 02-16-2021, 04:17 AM
LyonLover - LyonLover - 03-26-2024, 04:20 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Sideliner - 02-11-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: The Birmingham Males - Tshokwane - 07-03-2017, 05:11 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Pckts - 07-14-2018, 03:10 AM
RE: Lion pictures and videos - Pckts - 07-24-2018, 08:51 PM