There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-20-2017, 05:14 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: The funny thing is that people don't like to mention the video report from karen van de merve! In that report she said that she saw 3 male lions running, followed by 2 male lions and then another 2 male lions following.

That was when the 3 male lions separated from the other 2 male lions. Here, she is talking about the manginjis and the 2 male lions that were following, were the mlowathis.

The only reason I'm approving the comment is to just prove you wrong, again.

These are were exact words in her blog:

With great excitement I got the news of Lions walking over our open area early that morning. It was the young males that came into our area recently. They were feeding on a Buffalo kill north of Nkorho the previous day and must have moved onto our property during the night. Hot on their heels were Mr T and Kinky Tail following them to the north away from Nkorho. The message came over the radio about the 2 Mapogo males moving onto Nkorho property again. After spending some time with 2 other vehicles watching them, I was left alone with the Mapogos. They were on a mission, and the words of Greg, a friend and ranger of a neighbouring lodge earlier the morning, went through my mind… “Karin, today we are going to have a war…” They were sniffing, scent marking, walking in circles all the time. They left me guessing and confused from time to time… what are they up to? Losing visual of them and having 2 rangers responding and on their way, I had to try my luck and take another road to try and relocate them. Coming around a bend I suddenly saw a male Lion lying in tall grasses just off the road. My first thought was that it might be one of the Mapogos… seconds later I was proven very wrong! Mr T and Kinky Tail came charging out the bushes in front of me.

Just as it got dark, we found the rest of the young coalition lying north of our open area. In stead of 5 Lions, now there were only four. Not sure if they knew exactly what happened to their brother. After watching them for a while, walking down the road we left them as we returned to the lodge… hoping that they move away from the Mapogos, as we really did not want to have another fight… Later on the 4 males started calling… Our greatest fear was about to happen.

Interesting how she doesn't mention anything of what you just said...
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-20-2017, 06:01 PM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-02-2017, 10:19 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 11-08-2017, 09:59 AM
[email protected] - swtlei4u - 12-24-2017, 08:28 AM
[email protected] - Shaudimela - 04-12-2018, 05:02 AM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - fursan syed - 02-17-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - HouseOfLions - 02-17-2017, 03:43 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - Tshokwane - 02-17-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-30-2019, 01:05 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-30-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - lionjaguar - 10-31-2019, 12:22 AM
RE: The Mighty Mapogos - Potato - 10-31-2019, 02:50 AM