There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Excellent Wildlife and Nature Pictures

Italy Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" “Things aren’t looking great right now but I do have hope for the future. I believe we can turn things around. You can’t be a conservationist if you’re not an optimist at heart. I’m encouraged by things like the people in Indonesia. I've seen a huge change in the last 30 years I've been going there in terms of awareness about environmental issues, their pride in their own wildlife and concern about conservation. I feel encouraged that Indonesian people are getting more focused on protecting the remaining forested areas. I think that this curve, which looks like it's steeply dropping down towards extinction, is going to flatten out as people get serious about protecting the remaining areas. Even though it sounds really grim, all hope is not lost.

I’m a big supporter of American biologist E.O. Wilson’s proposal that we should work towards setting aside half of the Earth for the rest of the species. We have a potential to increase that and especially as people concentrating more in cities, we can set aside a lot more space on the planet for long-term coexistence. I think we can strive for that long-term goal of setting aside 50 per cent for the rest of the planet.” Listen to our podcast with photographer @timlaman in the Podcasts section on the New Big 5 website. Link in Bio.
____

The New Big 5 project is an international initiative to create a New Big 5 of Wildlife Photography: the Big 5 of photography, rather than hunting. Shooting with a camera, not a gun.⁠

Supported by +100 photographers, conservationists, wildlife lovers and charities.

VOTE for the 5 animals you want to be included in the New Big 5 of Wildlife Photography.⁠ "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excellent Wildlife and Nature Pictures - Spalea - 06-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Nature's most beautiful patterns - Sully - 06-13-2016, 03:46 AM
RE: Tigers of North-Eastern India - Spalea - 10-11-2019, 12:13 AM