There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

United States Blackleopard Offline
Banned

(09-15-2016, 01:14 AM)Amnon242 Wrote: I know this family personally. They have raised also tigers and jaguars. According to their opinion, jaguars are the "worst", while lions are like dogs - relatively easy to treat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB90teqIWSE

You just have to see a lot of different cats from different places, and talk to different experts from those places as well as trainers, that is if the trainers will tell you anything. 

I was told a lot of stuff from some top people, so its not really my opinion that the lion is stronger over all for its size.  People who have worked with these cats for decades in large sanctuaries have told me that.  I was actually told by one expert that the lion's muscular structure is twice as strong as the tigers, this guy had a lot of experience and owned one of the largest sanctuaries.  I was also told a similar thing from several other completely different places, even by Doctors and Vets. Every cat is an individual though, there can be small tigers, small lions, not every tiger is big, but you do see patterns develop when you see enough cats and talk to enough experts.  Lions and tigers have different body structures for Bigcats, they're pretty different mentally and physically. 

I'm of the opinion though, if a tiger can have very strong forearms, and arms, and the rest of it isn't to unusually narrow, I think it could offset some of that additional strength the lion has at times in the body, and in the end they may come out even.  That shouldn't be bias, I think its pretty fair.

People also must factor in the lion's mane, because you again have to talk to people that actually have felt it and have tamed lions to the point where they can actually get in the cage with them at adult hood.  I have seen quite a few manes, where the hair is very coarse and bushy, not the long thin kind you sometimes see.  In talking to some experts on this, they said the mane is so thick on some, that you can't even get your hand through it unless you really reach down and sort of claw your way through.  In describing it, they said its as coarse as a horses tail and its very thick like actual wool.  It also can become, intertwined and matted over each other, creating thick tangled areas.  This undoubtedly would provide real defense.

This particular lion in the Midwest near a cornfield, had such a mane, several other there did as well.  He was decent size, lower limbs all I could see, not that thick,  but its body was very sturdy and has almost the impression of being inflated like a barrel.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A couple of girls - Pckts - 06-17-2014, 03:40 AM
RE: A couple of girls - Pckts - 06-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Jungle fever feeding - Siegfried - 09-05-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Jungle fever feeding - Pantherinae - 09-05-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Jungle fever feeding - Pckts - 09-05-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Blackleopard - 09-15-2016, 06:49 AM
captive tigers - Pantherinae - 06-03-2015, 04:19 AM
Captive Lions - Pantherinae - 06-03-2015, 04:20 AM
RE: Captive Lions - Pantherinae - 06-03-2015, 04:23 AM
RE: Captive Lions - tigerluver - 06-03-2015, 05:35 AM
RE: captive tigers - faess - 06-03-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: captive tigers - GrizzlyClaws - 06-03-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: captive tigers - Pckts - 06-03-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: captive tigers - Pckts - 06-03-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: captive tigers - GrizzlyClaws - 06-04-2015, 02:38 AM
Big cats in Slo-mo - chaos - 07-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Does size really matter? - Bronco - 04-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Do Lions Want To Eat Us? - playwok - 12-17-2017, 04:20 PM