There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

United States Blackleopard Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 09-11-2016, 10:20 AM by Blackleopard Edit Reason: add pics )

(09-11-2016, 03:44 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote: The tiger skull is overall shorter, but it is more reinforced in the muzzle part in order to host a larger pair of canine teeth.

The lion skull is built a bit differently, and it is more focused on the rear part. If the two cats got the skull in comparable length, the tiger canine teeth are indeed significantly larger.

Based on the maximum value so far, the magnitude of the male Amurs' fang is only rivalled by those Northern/Central male Bengals.

Amur tiger got straighter fangs, while Bengal tiger got a slightly more curved one.

Ive seen some huge tigers, and I agree, the captive Siberian mixed tigers have huge heads, their very large.  Their paws are huge, thicker.  The arms seem thicker.  But at the same time, Ive seen lions that are much stronger in the frame, and I'm sure its not the mane, the shoulders seem larger, at times the bodies can almost look chunky, Ive posted some a few lions in Manuel Farina's circus showing this.  The tigers almost never look like that, actually Ive never seen one. If even a thin skinny lion, or lanky tiger can have incredible strength, how much stronger would a very thick stout Bigcat be, I think that's an interesting question?  Because the strength may be tremendous.  In pulling contest I saw a post where the trainers play games with Bigcats pulling the rope with food attached.  The trainer stated, the lions have more strength than the tigers. 

As far as the skulls, I agree the tigers have to have wider heads at the mussel area, sometimes even the big Siberians have a wider forehead from what Ive seen, but that 's difficult as the mane often covers that part.  But I will say this, while Ive seen that, Ive also seen lions that seem to have yes the longer head, but also the wider head in other areas.  Ive seen this huge Timbavati white lion, over 600 lbs, verified, close up, through the glass, the head was wider than most any tiger at the eye area, its eyes were placed very far apart, it almost looks strange, and I think you see that in nature shows, sometimes these big Kruger lion heads are very flat, long, yet really wide in the eye and cheek bone area.  The bit force has to be comparable to the largest tiger heads with that kind of length and width at the eyes and cheek bones.

2 users Like Blackleopard's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: A couple of girls - Pckts - 06-17-2014, 03:40 AM
RE: A couple of girls - Pckts - 06-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Jungle fever feeding - Siegfried - 09-05-2014, 03:27 PM
RE: Jungle fever feeding - Pantherinae - 09-05-2014, 07:39 PM
RE: Jungle fever feeding - Pckts - 09-05-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Zoos, Circuses, Safaris... A Gallery of Captivity - Blackleopard - 09-11-2016, 10:12 AM
captive tigers - Pantherinae - 06-03-2015, 04:19 AM
Captive Lions - Pantherinae - 06-03-2015, 04:20 AM
RE: Captive Lions - Pantherinae - 06-03-2015, 04:23 AM
RE: Captive Lions - tigerluver - 06-03-2015, 05:35 AM
RE: captive tigers - faess - 06-03-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: captive tigers - GrizzlyClaws - 06-03-2015, 09:41 AM
RE: captive tigers - Pckts - 06-03-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: captive tigers - Pckts - 06-03-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: captive tigers - GrizzlyClaws - 06-04-2015, 02:38 AM
Big cats in Slo-mo - chaos - 07-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Does size really matter? - Bronco - 04-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Do Lions Want To Eat Us? - playwok - 12-17-2017, 04:20 PM