There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-01-2020, 04:23 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 04:01 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:50 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:48 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:46 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:44 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:42 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:40 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:33 AM)Shadow Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 03:26 AM)Pckts Wrote: Where are you reading that Edno ran away, let alone was being chased off? 
Like I said, they will leave the Meeting of the 3 rivers not Edno, you can almost guarantee it.

I didn´t write, that it was chased off. You can check my posting if you misunderstood something. Guide who filmed this incident on video wrote, that Edno ran away. You can of course guarantee things, but I have been writing about this confrontation and what happened there. What happens in future is another thing. Big cats have been backing off to come back later, it´s not something never seen before. Being intimidated or confused at one moment doesn´t mean some "decisive loss". But it´s good to remember, that Edno, even though big and impressive is an jaguar, sometimes situations can be so surprising that it doesn´t know how to handle it and it has to back off. There is a video showing how one dhole manages to make a big male leopard to run away full speed, so I don´t see anything extraordinary in it, that big male jaguar doesn´t want to try his luck with two smaller jaguars if not absolutely necessary.

Where are you seeing someone say he "ran off?"

Not someone, the guide who filmed this. He wrote in Instagram.

Where is the ig post?

In instagram, you need to read comment section.
I am, which is why I'm asking you where you see it because I don't.

Open all comments, this guy: oeliofalcao_tito

Ya, I know. And I see the comment section with comments in Portuguese. I don't see where he claims that Edno ran off hence why I'm asking where he does. Maybe I have to wait for a translation on a pc or Balam can assist.

Yes, he says it in Portuguese so you need to use translator. And in the end the way he backed off from that place is a detail in my thoughts. I find it most interesting to see how siblings stayed there together against "common enemy", neither one fleeing.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Sorry but my translator isn't saying that but Portuguese doesn't translate perfectly to English when you Google translate.
@Balam or @dark jaguar can help im sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports - Pckts - 11-01-2020, 06:13 AM