There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(10-31-2020, 06:26 PM)Balam Wrote: "This is the image of the beginning of the most insane behavior I have ever seen in my life. The pair of siblings, to whom it seems a coalition, won the war against another male much larger than themselves. The detail was that the female who fought the male all the time. I simply took the seven most spectacular images of my life. Any day I show them !!!!"

*This image is copyright of its original author

By Ernane Junior

Extremely interesting dynamic, for one here we have a coalition of siblings from the opposite sex, this may be the first time that such coalition is recorded in jaguars. Secondly, it was the female who looked to be twice as small as Edno the one doing most of the fighting, to the point that Edno desisted at the end. Clearly this was not a gruesome fight so who knows what the reason was for Edno to become so aggressive with them. Perhaps if he would've been more committed to exterminating them he would've succeeded. Regardless, this is a merit for this young female who may continue on to become an iconic jaguaress on the area.

MY THOUGHTS ON THAT DYNAMIC ENCOUNTER.

Edno was most likely trying to mate with the female with no harm intentions with her. But the young male's presence might've added a bit of pepper to that encounter.

The female jaguar over aggressiveness comes natural being courted when she's still accompanied by her sibling, her brother's presence and company also wouldn't make Edno's possible intentions that simple to occur so the siblings got defensive towards Edno specially the female who was Edno's possible target (to mate) so she got into a much more aggressive behavior mood to fend off Edno than her brother which also as an youngster could have been well aware they're up against a large prime male so getting into a serious long fight with probably such low experience themselves wouldn't be worth it so he backed down more than his harassed sister.

I wouldn't say Edno was going all out in that fight or got beat or anything like that, he most likely noticed newcomers stepping into his territory area and Edno could've either chased them away or he could've ''Esturrado'' ( long distance vocalization amongst jaguars) after picking up their scents to let them know by vocals he is that area's boss but instead he ''took a few advantages'' of that situation with no intentions to kill them (at least the female) but his intentions wasn't accomplished since by what the photographer says I see that the siblings were on the defensive mode and Edno ended up ''losing the war'' or losing interest on them eventually.

if it was a Jaguar like M.F. Flash male instead of the siblings Edno would've probably reacted and taken the situation more serious on a whole different dynamic occasion.

A video of that dynamic encounter would be way better to notice and to know their behaviors intents and how it all happened from the start to finish as a whole.

Jaguar Coalition.

There have been register by the Projeto Gadonça in Fazenda San Francisco in the Southern Section a coalition of 2 males thought to be brothers they shared the same kill and lived in the same territory area and both males were even seen mating with one female at same.

Also there have been registers of the jaguars ''truce'' that occurs even between males forming a coalition for a certain period of time spending time together calling out one another through the Esturros and even sharing carcasses, so again jaguars aren't as unsociable as once thought.

About this Coalition.

I think the siblings coalition who had conflict with Edno will soon split and take different paths as the female will be lasted after by the dominant males way more often in an already very competitive area as she matures she'll also start to esturrar to call out a male to mate, as she gets in heat her scent will spread out in the pantanal air like a perfume for the nearby males and dominant ones and the competition for her shall be tough so tough the female in heat could mate with more than one male.

So it will be a moment her brother wouldn't want to be close to her and shall soon split this coalition to take his own path in search for his own territory.

The Brothers Oreia and Grandão who grew up together and were seen often together in Fazenda San Francisco made a sudden appeareance chilling together back in 2013 after a long time of absence in Fazenda San Francisco - Pantanal

NOTE: Oreia is in front and Grandão is in the background.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports - Dark Jaguar - 11-01-2020, 03:02 AM