There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-09-2020, 05:54 PM by Dark Jaguar )

(07-09-2020, 05:15 PM)OncaAtrox Wrote: @Dark Jaguar, perfect I had seen the documentary of Xavante and his sister before, however I'm gonna check the other interviews. I just hope that he can rerelease Xavante back into the wild so he can reproduce with the females in the area instead of remaining in captivity. It's definition tricky because now we know that poachers and retaliatory ranchers aren't the only threats, but other male jaguars are as well so it's a complicated dynamic.

@OncaAtrox

The jaguars being threats are completely normal its their dynamics and remember they're the least studied big cats, very little is known about their behavior as a whole. So if one wild jaguar kills the other... its nature taking its course.

About the ranchers there's something about IOP you might not know.

In order to dimish the hunting of jaguars IOP provides the ranchers who follow the enviornmental rules Badges ( The Badge Instituto Onça-Pintada ). Badges are pretty good for the farmers cause it gives respect to the products they make. the costumers gives more value.

However a whole detailed proccess is done by IOP to make sure the farm is following by the rules of nature and not killing animals like maned wolves, jaguars, macarajá cat, rheas, armadillos, pumas and all the others from the biome.

I think there are more than 4 badged IOP farms already and the farmer who told him about Coragem cub when she was found lonely in the cerrado wilderness and the farmers even mistook it by an Ocelot could be one the them. There is also the farmer who told him about the predation of Ariane and also the one who was in the video of Tiago's death. They also provide IOP dead cattles who died by natural causes to feed the animals in the sanctuary as well as warn them in case theres a dead animal who got ran over and could be food for the IOP sanctuary so they will tell Leandro and IOP ( I've already made many posts on this regard of the IOP animals feeding on animals who died of natural causes ).

But not all farms got the badge so the ''unbadged'' ones might still be a threat.

About Xavante he is too old now, he is literately one of the eldest cerrado jaguars in the sanctuary so I don't think IOP will do that again specially with him venturing on humans areas in the past. It was a well learned mistake and I don't think they will risk doing it again for the good of the humans and the animal and also to avoid further conflicts of both sides.

Don't forget to watch the documentary about Lenda cerrado female and give me your feedback here when you finish watching it Happy

This documentary will give you a more detailed clue on why I am really worried about Ariane's cubs right now.
3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports - Dark Jaguar - 07-09-2020, 05:42 PM