There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-13-2020, 03:12 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@Lycaon

You welcome I'll try to gather more datas of the most elusive big cat with the master Peter Crawshaw.

@OncaAtrox

That mini biome Varjões do Paranazão was always there, It is new to us haha that's right big part of it was lost and the amount of prey there and specially the cattles of the Sta Clara farm boosted jaguars sizes in the region.

With the cattles available as prey they can reach incredible sizes.

speaking of prey it was recently stated by IOP that in PNE region cerrado the jaguars from that area main prey is surprisingly the giant anteater which even surprised Leandro Silveira given the fact how dangerous giant anteaters can be on face off, cerrado jags are the best at dealing with them and most of cerrado jags predation on them are by ambush which is very understandable.

I think that in order to reach sizes similar to the ancient jaguars they will need more than cattles cause those ancient jaguars were the size of lions/tigers right?

sadly the amount of megafauna overall lost is immense. more than we can imagine.

there's also the man-eater named Assassino right, he was above the 150kg range he was said to be huge cattle killer hence why that massive size.

what I was intrigued was that aggressive atlantic forest female, after all the trouble she returned to the area 3 times where Crawshaw was possibly to finish the job. I wouldn't want to run into her around the streets specially at night, there's also the fact she had the longest canines Crawshaw had ever measured on jaguars. There's something I learned from this ''Never take a pic in front of an awakening wild jaguar'' Funny .

there is also the moment he saw the old male jaguar 3 meters away of him from its back fighting the dogs. I just keep imagining the scene in my mind many times, me out there on Peter's place how my reaction would be like, what incredible experiences he lived with jaguars and almost died twice to protect the species haha. without mention the ones he haven't told to the public.

@peter

That would be amazing to get infos of more understudied animals. I am following a project from Caatinga named ''Bichos da Caatinga'' they regularly show Scorpions, many species of snakes of drought plains of caatinga as well as other repitiles from the biome, Owls and much more, I will post more of their content around here, regarding bushdogs I know a case that with the lack of individuals of the same species two different species mated with one another which is pretty bad and now we got hybridization in nature due to them being endangered and speaking of endangered there's the so sought after (by the black market) and elusive exotic Golden Lion Tamarin as well, I recall only posting two pics of them here, there's the largest scaled freshwater fish the Pirarucu, There's the most feared fish of the amazon and other areas in Brazil by people, the infamous Candirú and Candirú Açú, there's the Manatee, the list is endless. I'll post if I find some nice info of these animals and also the fantastic Maned Wolf that can't be out of the list hehe.
4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports - Dark Jaguar - 06-13-2020, 01:49 PM