There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-05-2020, 02:20 AM by Pckts )

(05-05-2020, 01:58 AM)GrizzlyClaws Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 03:58 AM)tigerluver Wrote: Fakes can be really, really good these days but the coloration of the tooth seems genuine. I went through my tiger database and can't find a tooth that matches that shape however. There superior half of the tooth is much too straight. In tiger, any crack in the enamel has a curved contour, followed the general curvature of the tooth. However in this tooth the crack is straight. Also, the tooth is laterally flattened and not as conical as that of cats. Where in Indochina is the tooth from? To me it very, very, very tentatively looks like a large crocodile tooth from the crocodile farms in countries like Thailand. I can't find a good reference photo but here's a fossil crocodile tooth with similar shape:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Overall, if the tooth is real, I don't think it's that of any cat. Easier and safer for sellers to grab a tooth from a crocodile farm and sell it as that of cat's.

It is a full inch longer than the nile croc tooth from Bone Clones.

https://boneclones.com/product/nile-crocodile-tooth-KO-159

Maybe they do not belong to the same dentition among the 66 teeth of a croc?

It seems a bit more sharp at the tip compared to Croc. Teeth.
Croc.

I think it looks more like this than the Croc one.

It just doesn't have the lines at the tip of the canine.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 04-26-2020, 02:54 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Rishi - 04-28-2020, 07:15 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 04-28-2020, 10:04 PM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Sully - 04-29-2020, 08:37 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 04-30-2020, 01:08 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 04-30-2020, 01:10 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 05-02-2020, 06:34 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 05-03-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 05-02-2020, 08:27 AM
RE: Ordered Big Cat Skull Replicas - Pckts - 05-02-2020, 09:41 PM